Won't allow logon after changing page file from a slave dr..

Craig

After having to replace my Primary Master drive, I have Ghosted the entire
old Boot partition to another drive. The new drive now my Pri-Master the old
a slave drive.
Windows 2K boots but is reliant on the slave to still be present. It uses
what used to be the master partition (now a slave drive) to store the page
file. I can add a new page file to the New Pri-Master without a hastle but
altering the settings for the page file on the slave drive causes Windows to
lock me out. I cannot even log in as Administrator. It keeps reverting back
to the logon screen. My new Pri-Master is F: and the slave is C: (Windows
boots using F:). Same situation occurs if I remove the slave (ie. single
drive installed).

Craig

The problem here is that your operating system has changed it's drive
letter. This MS Knowledge Base article explains, and has a few suggestions:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249321

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)