Can't Upgrade to Dynamic Disk

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi everyone.

I have an old server that we are going to use for backup
purposes. It has two drives that I would like to
mirror. I can get the second drive to upgrade to a
dynamic disk, but the first disk (with the system files)
will not give me the option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brad

How was this disk formatted? If this was done from NT4 there might not be
room for the LDM database at the end of the disk. In that case, you might
need to use third party software, or the method described in the MS
Knowledge Base article below, in order to shrink the last partition 8MB or
so.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197738

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)