??? 250 mm case fans ???

baccmann

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier that sells the new 250 mm case fans, like the ones that Thermaltake is using on two of their models. I would like to buy the fans without having to buy a modded case door and removing the fan.
Thanks in advance for your help.

EvilLost

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
go to thermaltakes website the armor and the ..kal something (too lazy to look it up atm :) but they both sport the new 250mm fans on the window

The fans separate from the case are not widely available on the market yet. They should be in approximately 2-3 months though.

What would you use this large of a fan for anyway? A personal case mod? In terms of moving air, right now, a good 120mm (90+ cfm) fan actually moves more air than the 250mm (68 cfm) fans that are being offered by Thermaltake. Not to mention that they fit in more applications...but...that is soon to change, I am sure....

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
The fans separate from the case are not widely available on the market yet. They should be in approximately 2-3 months though.

What would you use this large of a fan for anyway? A personal case mod? In terms of moving air, right now, a good 120mm (90+ cfm) fan actually moves more air than the 250mm (68 cfm) fans that are being offered by Thermaltake. Not to mention that they fit in more applications...but...that is soon to change, I am sure....

68cfm on a 25cm fan... thats pretty crap. The aerocool version on the extreme engine 3t have 167cfm. Too bad they arn't led and that would be even better. :wink:

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
I would imagine the idea of the 250mm fan is to spin it slower per volume of air being moved, which all other things being equal, should mean less noise or ar least lower frequency noise. Really, to compare fans properly, you need to know both the air flow (and there in a column with some resistance as it were, not free-standing), AND the sound pressure level (SPL, perhaps DIN-weighted, we humans don't hear linearly).

busygamer01

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
The biggest case fans I've seen so far are 150mm case fans. Thermaltake and a few other case manufacturers released cases with 250mm case fans.