What happened? please help

Hi every one;

I do not understand what could happened. I have 2 removable hard disks in my
new PC. The first one C: is NTFS partition. Recently I did format the second
hard disk (NTFS) and saved some folders in there. But today i just realized
that I can not see D: and E: which is CD drive in MY computer. The only Icon
is drive C:

Thanks for any hint,
Faram.
3 answers Last reply
More about what happened help

    Hi ... I am like yourself there, I too sometimes don't
    see my hard drives and i have notice many with the same
    problems ... I wish Microsoft would address this problem
    and I believe it has something to do with SP2

    Reboot into your BIOS and see if the system recognizes both hard drives.

    Then after restarting windows,
    Click Start, right click My Computer, click Manage, and expand Storage so you can click Disk Management, and expand to full screen to see all the drives.

    Check the drive letters in case one has been moved in the alphabet.
    You can change drive letters here if you need to.

    "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AE257A-3E10-4798-B0CB-57A359C94743@microsoft.com...
    > Hi every one;
    >
    > I do not understand what could happened. I have 2 removable hard disks in my
    > new PC. The first one C: is NTFS partition. Recently I did format the second
    > hard disk (NTFS) and saved some folders in there. But today i just realized
    > that I can not see D: and E: which is CD drive in MY computer. The only Icon
    > is drive C:
    >
    > Thanks for any hint,
    > Faram.

    "Faram" <Faram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi every one;
    >
    > I do not understand what could happened. I have 2 removable hard disks in
    my
    > new PC. The first one C: is NTFS partition. Recently I did format the
    second
    > hard disk (NTFS) and saved some folders in there. But today i just
    realized
    > that I can not see D: and E: which is CD drive in MY computer. The only
    Icon
    > is drive C:
    >
    > Thanks for any hint,
    > Faram.

    Go to Start, Run, and type CMD. Type Diskpart and press enter. use the
    LIST command to display the disks, partitions and volumes. If you see
    partitions that don't have drive letters associated with them, use the
    SELECT and ASSIGN commands to set them up.

    Note that Diskpart isn't particularly friendly and it is *entirely* possible
    to do serious damage with it, requiring data recovery efforts. Take your
    time, use the help section, which you generally get to by typing the command
    followed by a space and /? . Do NOT use commands you are not sure of.

    HTH
    -pk

Hard Drives Windows XP