Slow Windows Start Up

Hello,

On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
taking about 60 seconds to start.

In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen - nothing,
then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.

This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house to
another.

Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?

Thanks

Check the Power Management settings. Something may have been changed by
accident during the move.

"Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright" <riteoh@nowhere.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
> taking about 60 seconds to start.
>
> In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen -
nothing,
> then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.
>
> This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house
> another.
>
> Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?
>
> Thanks

Nope sorry,

No changes here - still showing as Home/Office Desk as the Power scheme.

In article <41877453$0$24988$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
riteoh@nowhere.com.au says...
> Nope sorry,
>
> No changes here - still showing as Home/Office Desk as the Power scheme.
>

> "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Check the Power Management settings. Something may have been changed by
> > accident during the move.
> >
> > "Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright" <riteoh@nowhere.com.au> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
> >> taking about 60 seconds to start.
> >>
> >> In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen -
> > nothing,
> >> then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.
> >>
> >> This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house
> >> another.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?
> >>
> >> Thanks

Move it back where it was. :)

null

Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright wrote:

> Nope sorry,
>
> No changes here - still showing as Home/Office Desk as the Power scheme.
>

> "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Check the Power Management settings. Something may have been changed by
>>accident during the move.
>>
>>"Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright" <riteoh@nowhere.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
>>>taking about 60 seconds to start.
>>>
>>>In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen -
>>
>>nothing,
>>
>>>then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.
>>>
>>>This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house

>>>another.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?
>>>
>>>Thanks

Are you on a wireless network? It may be taking additional time to
locate the network, because the new location of the PC is in an area
where the signal is weaker or disrupted.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

Nope, not on a wireless network.

"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
> Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright wrote:
>
>> Nope sorry,
>>
>> No changes here - still showing as Home/Office Desk as the Power scheme.
>>

>> "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Check the Power Management settings. Something may have been changed by
>>>accident during the move.
>>>
>>>"Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright" <riteoh@nowhere.com.au> wrote in message

>>>nothing,

> Are you on a wireless network? It may be taking additional time to locate
> the network, because the new location of the PC is in an area where the
> signal is weaker or disrupted.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and data
> files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their PC, as
> well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not liable for
> problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice posted here.
> No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting of this
> message.

What computer brand is having this problem? I've been trying to troubleshoot
a DELL Dimension 4500S with the same problem. I've been through Dell,
reformatted, partitioned, re-installed several times but still have the same
problem. All diagnostics are running okay but it just takes forever to do
anything. Dell finally said it's a Microsoft issue but I've noticed many
posts from different groups with the same issues. No one seems to come back
with a resolution though.

"Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
> taking about 60 seconds to start.
>
> In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen - nothing,
> then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.
>
> This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house to
> another.
>
> Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?
>
> Thanks

null

Elton, Ilona & Justin Wright wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On start up of my PC, after the initial boot has gone through, windows is
> taking about 60 seconds to start.
>
> In this time my hard drive is hibernating, I have a blank screen - nothing,
> then 60 seconds later, up comes Windows.
>
> This only started to happen when I moved my PC from one room of the house to
> another.
>
> Any thoughts from anybody on how to fix?
>
> Thanks

Try clearing your prefetch folder.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

Mine is just generic.

Doesn't look like we are going to get a solution.