Do you plan on overclocking?
If not the stock HSF will be OK and you wont need the high-end Zalman 9500.
The list is missing keyboard and OS software.
What parts/software are you moving recycling to the new build?

I'd suggest a different MB/CPU combo:
$253 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz AM2
$119 ABIT KN9 SLI AM2 NVIDIA 570 SLI
The CPU is where you get your gaming horsepower.

I know some people will suggest a PSU with Active PFC
Compare Antec NeoHE 500 to the SmartPower 2 you listed.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Get 2gb of RAM.

I'll second that. I have a couple more suggestions, as well:

1) Change that power supply to this 480W Antec Truepower for the same price.

2) Why get an SLI motherboard with an ATI graphics card? If you're not planning to have dual graphics cards (which is, IMO, not worth the cost), then get a mobo with a single PCIe slot, which will save you a lot of $$$.

3) If this is your first build, then I wouldn't recommend a DFI board. DFIs are enthusiast boards which can give great overclocks, but they have a lot of confusing advanced options. If you're not going to overclock (I don't recommend overclocking your first build; it's too risky), then you should go with a more user-friendly board, like an ASUS.

cmichael258

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
I echo Shadowduck's recommendation on the ASUS M2N-E. You will like the Antec P180. Plenty of room. The Antec SP 2.0 will have cables that are long enough to reach the top bays. Good luck!

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I know some people will suggest a PSU with Active PFC

I don't want to sound like a n00b, but what's an active PFC?

Compare Antec NeoHE 500 to the SmartPower 2 you listed.

From what I can see, the differences between the NeoHE and the TruePower are as follows: 1) The NeoHE has 3 12V rails and 2) The NeoHE is more efficient and finally 3) The NeoHE is $30 more expensive, plus you don't get free shipping. I'd go for the TruePower which I linked to.