Pagefile.sys file Taking Up Membory

I have limited remaining space on my C: drive and my
pagefile.sys file is at it maximum size of 786 MB. How
do I reset or can I delete this file to free up space on
my C: drive. I am using windows 2000 version five, Build
2195: Service Pack 4)

Any help here would be sincerely appreciated.
Thank you!!!

Control Panel|System|Advanced|Performance|Settings|Advanced|Change to adjust
the pagefile size.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Carlton Buford" wrote:
|I have limited remaining space on my C: drive and my
| pagefile.sys file is at it maximum size of 786 MB. How
| do I reset or can I delete this file to free up space on
| my C: drive. I am using windows 2000 version five, Build
| 2195: Service Pack 4)
|
| Any help here would be sincerely appreciated.
| Thank you!!!

You can move the pagefile to another volume if you like.

I would set the min & max sizes to be the same, to prevent fragmentation.

Carlton Buford wrote:
> I have limited remaining space on my C: drive and my
> pagefile.sys file is at it maximum size of 786 MB. How
> do I reset or can I delete this file to free up space on
> my C: drive. I am using windows 2000 version five, Build
> 2195: Service Pack 4)
>
> Any help here would be sincerely appreciated.
> Thank you!!!

TRENDING THREADS