Install and Boot from USB HDD

Hi all,

I have bought a USB HDD of 200 Gb and I would like to
install windows 2000 on it...

My PC can boot from USB but I don't know what must i do If
I want to avoid damages on the original system configuration.

Which are the steps to startup?

Thanks

To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
prompts. Then choose to install to the new drive.

This article may also help.

48-Bit LBA Support for ATAPI Disk Drives in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305098

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional