open with

Hi, I'm copying data from cd's to my computer. The data
consists of book folders with numbered page files inside.
The files are actually tif files but they don't say tif.
I found this out buy right clicking on one & did "open
with". I chose kodak imaging & it opened. Unfortunately
I did not uncheck the always use this program yada yada.
Now all my files that end in 7 have the imaging icon &
because of the way these files were numbered to begin
with, the 7 has been dropped. Example, original files are
numbered like this 00806001.7 this would be page 17, book
806. Now all the pages that end in 7 look like this
00806001 with the imaging icon. The originals just had
the generic windows icon. Is there any way to undo this?
I read the earlier post about going into file types &
redirecting it to the correct program. Guess what? Under
properties these files say unknown application. Any help
would be appreciated.

From a command prompt;
assoc .7=
to remove any file type association from .7 extension.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]