Casalemedia Poppup - How to remove

pt

My computer has picked it up. AdAware and Spybot SD don't kill it off. I
scanned Google, and only find links for other anti-spyware programs. Any
suggestions?

PT

Is it a browser popup or a "Messenger Service" popup? Note that
"Messenger Service" is NOT the same as the AOL, Netscape, MSN or Windows
Messenger instant messenger applications.

Running with Windows XP Service Pack 2? Any other browser popup blocking
software? What browser are you using?

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:24:37 -1000, "PT" <xyz@xyz,com> wrote:

>My computer has picked it up. AdAware and Spybot SD don't kill it off. I
>scanned Google, and only find links for other anti-spyware programs. Any
>suggestions?
>
>PT

I believe I know what you are talking about.

I do not believe that it is file-driven...but you may have something there!
Please share what you find out on that.

However, I have 3 pop-ups that I can't seem to stop with the HOSTS file, but
do show up with a DNS. (Still with me here? If only in this, I am fairly
-- not completely by any means-- versed)

I have entered various permutations of casalmedia, including and not
including the prefixes, and similar treatment has been given to adserver.com
and mercuras.com -- but.....I can't stop them.

Also, numeric IPs will bypass the HOSTS file, but I don't think that is what
is happening with the above 3.

Anyone have commentary?

FACE