Permissions to format drives

We have some DVD drives that we need users to be able
to format. I put the users in the local USERS, then the
local POWER USERS group and they were unable to format the
drives do to lack of permissions. When I moved the users
to the local ADMIN group, they had the acility to format
the drive.
Is there any way to be a member of the USER group and
give them access to format the drive? We do not want
these users to have more than USER permissions.

Thanks in advance,
Shayne
2 answers Last reply
More about permissions format drives

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:09:04 -0700, "Shayne Frye"

    > We have some DVD drives that we need users to be able
    >to format. I put the users in the local USERS, then the
    >local POWER USERS group and they were unable to format the
    >drives do to lack of permissions. When I moved the users
    >to the local ADMIN group, they had the acility to format
    >the drive.
    > Is there any way to be a member of the USER group and
    >give them access to format the drive? We do not want
    >these users to have more than USER permissions.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Shayne

    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=268236 "Non-Administrator Cannot Gain Access
    to Removable Media"

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold, thanks for the link. We are running
    Advanced Server SP4 and we are still having the issue.
    Any other suggestions?

Format Permissions Windows