wireless connection only stay up for 2 min./NetGEAR WGT624

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
February 21, 2005 8:04:39 PM

Hi,
Several months ago I bought the NETGEAR WGT624 so that I can use my
Toshiba Satellite wireless capability. I connected the router to my
modem and primary desktop but never setup the wireless. However,
recently, I have configured it using the default settings but learned I
had to use the "g Only" mode. Connection stays up for two minutes then
I loose the connection. Can't figure out the problem...Contacted the
ISP and they informed me that it was a NETGEAR issue.

Has anyone experience this problem before and how did they resolve it?

Your assistant or help is greatly appreciate it.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 22, 2005 7:36:27 AM

In article <1109034279.198299.187840@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
fsanchez98@cs.com <fsanchez98@cs.com> wrote:
:Several months ago I bought the NETGEAR WGT624 so that I can use my
:Toshiba Satellite wireless capability. I connected the router to my
:modem and primary desktop but never setup the wireless. However,
:recently, I have configured it using the default settings but learned I
:had to use the "g Only" mode.

Could you expand on that?

:Connection stays up for two minutes then
:I loose the connection. Can't figure out the problem...Contacted the
:ISP and they informed me that it was a NETGEAR issue.

Is the system that is losing the connection running Windows XP?
If so then google groups alt.internet.wireless for
windows xp losing connection -- 2 minutes is fairly common for
that situation. Has to do with XP's zero wireless setup.
--
Ceci, ce n'est pas une idée.
Anonymous

fsanchez98@cs.com wrote:

> Hi,
> Several months ago I bought the NETGEAR WGT624 so that I can use my
> Toshiba Satellite wireless capability. I connected the router to my
> modem and primary desktop but never setup the wireless. However,
> recently, I have configured it using the default settings but learned I
> had to use the "g Only" mode. Connection stays up for two minutes then
> I loose the connection. Can't figure out the problem...Contacted the
> ISP and they informed me that it was a NETGEAR issue.
>
> Has anyone experience this problem before and how did they resolve it?
>
> Your assistant or help is greatly appreciate it.

On your laptop configuration for the wireless network card, go in and
set the 802.1x authentication to DISABLE and see what that does for you.

--
Danny Kile
Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY