error

i'm getting a y.exe error message when i start
windows .plus every time i try too log on too hotmail it
wont let me in .i dont know if this is the problem.please
help out.thank u

Natively you can; Start\Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
Management(Local)\System Information\Software Environment\Startup
Programs|View|Advanced, then in the "Location" column, you'll find the path
to the "Startup" location either in the "Startup" directories or from the
registry's "Run" keys. (note that this windows is read-only so you must
manually navigate to the location below to edit or otherwise delete)

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

or copy msconfig from Windows XP to the "windows" directory

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"luis m" wrote:
| i'm getting a y.exe error message when i start
| windows .plus every time i try too log on too hotmail it
| wont let me in .i dont know if this is the problem.please
| help out.thank u

dl