permission

how can I setup read and write permission only allow user
to access sale folder without letting user access
accounting folder. sale folder is inside accouting
folder.

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:56:55 -0700, "chun" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how can I setup read and write permission only allow user
>to access sale folder without letting user access
>accounting folder. sale folder is inside accouting
>folder.

Grant "List Folder Content" on the Accounting Folder for this group. Make sure
any other group the user is a member of doesn't have other permissions you don't
want, or specifically deny them to this group.
On the Sales folder, turn off inheritance from the parent and grant the group
Read / Wite / "List Folder Content" and other groups whatever you wish to
permit.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.