Recover Encrypted File

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 1, 2004 1:24:25 AM

Hello Everybody,
One of my computers recently crashed after a probable
bad sector in C drive. Hence I needed to reformat the
drive and freshly install the Windows 2000 OS. There was
one particular user who had created a folder in D drive
and with encrypt contents properties. Now the user is not
able to access the folder even though I had created login
id exactly as it was before the crash.
Anybody please help me to recover the folder and its
contents...
Thanks,
EK

More about : recover encrypted file

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 12:40:45 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:24:25 -0700, "Eugene Kryptsky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello Everybody,
> One of my computers recently crashed after a probable
>bad sector in C drive. Hence I needed to reformat the
>drive and freshly install the Windows 2000 OS. There was
>one particular user who had created a folder in D drive
>and with encrypt contents properties. Now the user is not
>able to access the folder even though I had created login
>id exactly as it was before the crash.
>Anybody please help me to recover the folder and its
>contents...
>Thanks,
>EK

See tip 4475 and link in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com