Recover Encrypted File

Hello Everybody,
One of my computers recently crashed after a probable
bad sector in C drive. Hence I needed to reformat the
drive and freshly install the Windows 2000 OS. There was
one particular user who had created a folder in D drive
and with encrypt contents properties. Now the user is not
able to access the folder even though I had created login
id exactly as it was before the crash.
Anybody please help me to recover the folder and its
contents...
Thanks,
EK
2 answers Last reply
More about recover encrypted file

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:24:25 -0700, "Eugene Kryptsky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello Everybody,
    > One of my computers recently crashed after a probable
    >bad sector in C drive. Hence I needed to reformat the
    >drive and freshly install the Windows 2000 OS. There was
    >one particular user who had created a folder in D drive
    >and with encrypt contents properties. Now the user is not
    >able to access the folder even though I had created login
    >id exactly as it was before the crash.
    >Anybody please help me to recover the folder and its
    >contents...
    >Thanks,
    >EK

    See tip 4475 and link in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com