URU: screen captures

Hi all,

How do I get a screen capture of a schene in URU that I can paste into a
photo program? With RealMYST, I would just hit the [PRT SCN] key and the
past from the clipboard. I just tried this with URU and got a blank,
black screen.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven
4 answers Last reply
More about screen captures
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    The past few versions of Fraps can do screen and
    video captures from within games as well as just
    displaying the frame rate. You might want to check
    it out.

    www.fraps.com

    DMW

    "Steven Whatley" <swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > How do I get a screen capture of a schene in URU that I can paste into a
    > photo program? With RealMYST, I would just hit the [PRT SCN] key and the
    > past from the clipboard. I just tried this with URU and got a blank,
    > black screen.
    >
    > Any info would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steven
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "DMW" <nospam.black_knight28@phreaker.net> wrote in message news:<W3ljc.65$h45.59@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
    > The past few versions of Fraps can do screen and
    > video captures from within games as well as just
    > displaying the frame rate. You might want to check
    > it out.
    >
    > www.fraps.com
    >
    > "Steven Whatley" <swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > How do I get a screen capture of a schene in URU that I can paste into a
    > > photo program?

    I just uninstalled Uru (switching computers this weekend), and found a
    directory of screen grabs that I took with my in-game KI. They're
    just JPG files, so they'll open just fine. Can't remember the exact
    wording of the folder, but look under the Program
    Files\Cyan\Uru\whatever folder on your hard drive. If you've found
    your KI wrist device in the game, you can hit F5 to do a screen grab,
    and it'll be saved to a folder called something like "Screen Captures"
    as a JPG.

    On the other hand, if you have NOT found your KI yet... without giving
    too much away spoiler-wise, I'd recommend you visit the world where
    your first link looks like a gray, stone, circular room. You'll find
    it there, and you take it with you everywhere after you've got it.

    Dennis
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Dennis Kuhn <doctor9@fflax.com> wrote:
    > I just uninstalled Uru (switching computers this weekend), and found a
    > directory of screen grabs that I took with my in-game KI. They're
    > just JPG files, so they'll open just fine. Can't remember the exact
    > wording of the folder, but look under the Program
    > Files\Cyan\Uru\whatever folder on your hard drive. If you've found
    > your KI wrist device in the game, you can hit F5 to do a screen grab,
    > and it'll be saved to a folder called something like "Screen Captures"
    > as a JPG.

    The images in the kimages directory are just 800x600. I am playing Uru at
    1600x1200. So, I would like to capture the full resolution. I'll check
    out the program mentioned in the previous post.

    > On the other hand, if you have NOT found your KI yet... without giving
    > too much away spoiler-wise, I'd recommend you visit the world where
    > your first link looks like a gray, stone, circular room. You'll find
    > it there, and you take it with you everywhere after you've got it.

    Yes, I have the KI already.

    Thanks,
    Steven
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    DMW <nospam.black_knight28@phreaker.net> wrote:
    > The past few versions of Fraps can do screen and
    > video captures from within games as well as just
    > displaying the frame rate. You might want to check
    > it out.
    >
    > www.fraps.com

    That did the trick!

    Thanks,