Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Shares on an iSCSI connection disappear after reboot

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 8:22:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

Made the iSCSI connection, created a basic volume in Disk Manager, rebooted,
volume remounted as expected. Created a share on the volume, rebooted, share
disappears!!!

--
Mike Matheny
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:51:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

Please make sure you are using the latest iSCSI initiator release (1.05a)
from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

From the release notes:
* Bug fix: There was an issue where file shares would not be recreated at
boot
even though the proper instructions for persistent volume binding
and service dependencies were followed. This bug fix also removes
the need for the VolumePostDiscoveryTimeout.

Jeff [MS]

"Mike Matheny" <mikematheny@swbelldotnet> wrote in message
news:o OWJIz$pEHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Made the iSCSI connection, created a basic volume in Disk Manager,
> rebooted,
> volume remounted as expected. Created a share on the volume, rebooted,
> share
> disappears!!!
>
> --
> Mike Matheny
>
>
>
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 9:51:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

Hi everyone,

I have the latest iSCSI driver from Microsoft and am using Windows 2000
with all the latest patches, and I am still having this problem.

Any ideas why?

Also, which microsoft newsgroup can I post on about this problem? I
could not find any groups on their site which dealt with iSCSI.

thanks!

-farshad



--
fabasi
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1119162.html
Related resources
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:14:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack 15200 with
the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the MSiSCSI
service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough it's
there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are ther more
depenacies I'm missing?

Thanks for any help with this!
Ray

fabasi wrote:
> *Hi everyone,
>
> I have the latest iSCSI driver from Microsoft and am using Windows
> 2000
> with all the latest patches, and I am still having this problem.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> Also, which microsoft newsgroup can I post on about this problem? I
> could not find any groups on their site which dealt with iSCSI.
>
> thanks!
>
> -farshad
>
>
>
> --
> fabasi
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1119162.html *



--
prrawls
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

prrawls wrote:
> Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack 15200
with
> the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the MSiSCSI
> service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough it's
> there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are ther
more
> depenacies I'm missing?
>
> Thanks for any help with this!
> Ray
>
> fabasi wrote:
> > *Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have the latest iSCSI driver from Microsoft and am using Windows
> > 2000
> > with all the latest patches, and I am still having this problem.
> >
> > Any ideas why?
> >
> > Also, which microsoft newsgroup can I post on about this problem? I
> > could not find any groups on their site which dealt with iSCSI.
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > -farshad
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > fabasi
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1119162.html *
>
>
>
> --
> prrawls
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html

you have to bind the volumes
this is done in the initiator settings tab

click "bind volumes"
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 11:38:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

sophware wrote:
> *prrawls wrote:
> > Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack 15200
> with
> > the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the
> MSiSCSI
> > service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough
> it's
> > there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are ther
> more
> > depenacies I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks for any help with this!
> > Ray
> >
> > fabasi wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]
>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > prrawls
> >
>
> Tried that way early on that did not work either. Thanks for the
> reply tho!
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
>
> you have to bind the volumes
> this is done in the initiator settings tab
>
> click "bind volumes" *



--
prrawls
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
January 26, 2005 3:01:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

I am working on a 2003 server with iscsi and I HAVE tried to click on
the "bind volumes" on the iscsi initiator but it still won't mount or
bind the volume after a reboot. One thing I do notice is that nothing
pops up when I click the "bind volume" button and not sure if something
SHOULD pop up. Another thing I have is that my drive/volume is
configured as a "dynamic" drive. Not sure if this is an issue.
prrawls wrote:
> sophware wrote:
> > *prrawls wrote:
> > > Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack
15200
> > with
> > > the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the
> > MSiSCSI
> > > service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough
> > it's
> > > there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are
ther
> > more
> > > depenacies I'm missing?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help with this!
> > > Ray
> > >
> > > fabasi wrote:
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]
> >
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]
> >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > prrawls
> > >
> >
> > Tried that way early on that did not work either. Thanks for the
> > reply tho!
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
> > >
> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
> >
> > you have to bind the volumes
> > this is done in the initiator settings tab
> >
> > click "bind volumes" *
>
>
>
> --
> prrawls
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
Anonymous
November 10, 2008 8:27:52 PM

Convert the disc to basic, that should work. I had the same problem. But it went away after the disc became basic.
!