Shares on an iSCSI connection disappear after reboot

Made the iSCSI connection, created a basic volume in Disk Manager, rebooted,
volume remounted as expected. Created a share on the volume, rebooted, share
disappears!!!

--
Mike Matheny

Please make sure you are using the latest iSCSI initiator release (1.05a)
from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=12cb3c1a-15d6-4585-b385-befd1319f825&displaylang=en

From the release notes:
* Bug fix: There was an issue where file shares would not be recreated at
boot
even though the proper instructions for persistent volume binding
and service dependencies were followed. This bug fix also removes
the need for the VolumePostDiscoveryTimeout.

Jeff [MS]

"Mike Matheny" <mikematheny@swbelldotnet> wrote in message
> Made the iSCSI connection, created a basic volume in Disk Manager,
> rebooted,
> volume remounted as expected. Created a share on the volume, rebooted,
> share
> disappears!!!
>
> --
> Mike Matheny

Hi everyone,

I have the latest iSCSI driver from Microsoft and am using Windows 2000
with all the latest patches, and I am still having this problem.

Any ideas why?

Also, which microsoft newsgroup can I post on about this problem? I
could not find any groups on their site which dealt with iSCSI.

thanks!

-farshad

--
fabasi

Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack 15200 with
the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the MSiSCSI
service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough it's
there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are ther more
depenacies I'm missing?

Thanks for any help with this!
Ray

prrawls wrote:
> Hey folks I'm having the same issue here setting up a VTrack 15200
with
> the MS iSCSI Intiator. Set the lanmanager dependant on the MSiSCSI
> service in the registry. I check the server service sure enough it's
> there, reboot and I have no shares on the Vtrack volume. Are ther
more
> depenacies I'm missing?
>
> Thanks for any help with this!
> Ray
>
> fabasi wrote:
> > *Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have the latest iSCSI driver from Microsoft and am using Windows
> > 2000
> > with all the latest patches, and I am still having this problem.
> >
> > Any ideas why?
> >
> > Also, which microsoft newsgroup can I post on about this problem? I
> > could not find any groups on their site which dealt with iSCSI.
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > -farshad
> >

> > --
> > fabasi

> > View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1119162.html *
>

> --
> prrawls

> View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html

you have to bind the volumes
this is done in the initiator settings tab

click "bind volumes"

--
prrawls

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am working on a 2003 server with iscsi and I HAVE tried to click on
the "bind volumes" on the iscsi initiator but it still won't mount or
bind the volume after a reboot. One thing I do notice is that nothing
pops up when I click the "bind volume" button and not sure if something
SHOULD pop up. Another thing I have is that my drive/volume is
configured as a "dynamic" drive. Not sure if this is an issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]

------------------------------------------------------------------------[vbcol=seagreen]

> > > --
> > > prrawls
> > >

> > Tried that way early on that did not work either. Thanks for the
> > reply tho!

> > > View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html
> >
> > you have to bind the volumes
> > this is done in the initiator settings tab
> >
> > click "bind volumes" *
>

> --
> prrawls

> View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message419015.html

Convert the disc to basic, that should work. I had the same problem. But it went away after the disc became basic.