problem with sound after coming out of standby

My computer doesn't play sounds when my computer comes out of standby. It
does play sound if I restart my computer. This problem just started when I
updated to windows xp from windows me. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix
this problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem sound coming standby

    Hi,

    Start with an updated sound card driver. Check with the manufacturer for
    this.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "problems with sound" <problems with sound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:EC5B089B-502A-4CB2-A1A4-C8326DCE0330@microsoft.com...
    > My computer doesn't play sounds when my computer comes out of standby. It
    > does play sound if I restart my computer. This problem just started when
    > updated to windows xp from windows me. Does anyone have any ideas how to
    > fix
    > this problem?

    thanks, I'll give it a try

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Start with an updated sound card driver. Check with the manufacturer for
    > this.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "problems with sound" <problems with sound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:EC5B089B-502A-4CB2-A1A4-C8326DCE0330@microsoft.com...
    > > My computer doesn't play sounds when my computer comes out of standby. It
    > > does play sound if I restart my computer. This problem just started when
    > > updated to windows xp from windows me. Does anyone have any ideas how to
    > > fix
    > > this problem?

Windows Me Computers Microsoft Windows XP