DFS and windowx XP Client Download message error.

We have configured DFS and mapp the share during the users logon script.
On windows XP clients (Sp1 & SP2) we recieve a download warning when double
clicking executables:

This does not happen on windows 2000.

Any ideas where we start looking ?

Thanks,

Steve

Messages:

XP SP1
------------------------------
File Download
Some file can harm your computer If the file information below looks
suspcious, or you do not
fully trust the source do not open this file.

Open, Cancel

XP SP2
------------------------------
Open File - Security Warning
The publisher could not be verified are you sure you want to run this
software

Run, Cancel

Hi Steve,

This is being blocked by the Windows shell (Windows Explorer), not DFS. The
cause is that Windows shell treats any names with dots in it as a remote
address. This problem will also occur if you use a fully qualified domain
name to access a regular shared folder. To prevent this from occuring, you
need to add the domain to the list of trusted intranet zones. There might be
a way to do this via Group Policy but unfortunately I don't know the
specifics on how to do this. You might try asking in the Group Policy
newsgroup.

"Steve Adams" <steven.adams@nospam.com> wrote in message
> We have configured DFS and mapp the share during the users logon script.
> On windows XP clients (Sp1 & SP2) we recieve a download warning when
double
> clicking executables:
>
> This does not happen on windows 2000.
>
> Any ideas where we start looking ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> Messages:
>
> XP SP1
> ------------------------------
> File Download
> Some file can harm your computer If the file information below looks
> suspcious, or you do not
> fully trust the source do not open this file.
>
> Open, Cancel
>
> XP SP2
> Open File - Security Warning
> The publisher could not be verified are you sure you want to run this
> software
>
> Run, Cancel

Thanks for the info,

Added the domin to local intranet sites and it's working great now :)

/Steve