Problems Installing Program with Active X Control Need Help

Scott

Trying to install a program for my wife and after the install is complete the
following message comes up.
"The following files did not self-register or un-register. They are all
under System32
dwAXExtn.dll, DWSBC36.OCX, DWSHK36.OCK, DWSPY32.dll, dwspyvb6.dll,
dwspyvb.dll, MISButtn.ocx and MISCal32.ocx and everytime I try to run the
program it crashes when trying to come up. I tried installing the program on
another computer and it installs fine, the only difference between the two is
that the one I'm having problems with has SP2 update where the other doesn't.
I really need to get it installed on this computer as my wife uses this one
for her business and needs that program. The company support is for the birds
as the only thing the guy could tell me was that it was a Windows program and
that I needed to re-install Windows.

--
Thanks in Advance for your help.

Hi Scott,

Try installing the program using the "run as" function. Right-click the
setup.exe file, choose "run as". Enter "administrator" and the password for
that account. Then let it run, see if it helps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to install a program for my wife and after the install is complete
> the
> following message comes up.
> "The following files did not self-register or un-register. They are all
> under System32
> dwAXExtn.dll, DWSBC36.OCX, DWSHK36.OCK, DWSPY32.dll, dwspyvb6.dll,
> dwspyvb.dll, MISButtn.ocx and MISCal32.ocx and everytime I try to run the
> program it crashes when trying to come up. I tried installing the program
> on
> another computer and it installs fine, the only difference between the two
> is
> that the one I'm having problems with has SP2 update where the other
> doesn't.
> I really need to get it installed on this computer as my wife uses this
> one
> for her business and needs that program. The company support is for the
> birds
> as the only thing the guy could tell me was that it was a Windows program
> and
> that I needed to re-install Windows.
>
> --
> Thanks in Advance for your help.

Scott

Just tried it and still same problem occurs, any other info on what to try
would be helpful

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Try installing the program using the "run as" function. Right-click the
> setup.exe file, choose "run as". Enter "administrator" and the password for
> that account. Then let it run, see if it helps.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to install a program for my wife and after the install is complete
> > the
> > following message comes up.
> > "The following files did not self-register or un-register. They are all
> > under System32
> > dwAXExtn.dll, DWSBC36.OCX, DWSHK36.OCK, DWSPY32.dll, dwspyvb6.dll,
> > dwspyvb.dll, MISButtn.ocx and MISCal32.ocx and everytime I try to run the
> > program it crashes when trying to come up. I tried installing the program
> > on
> > another computer and it installs fine, the only difference between the two
> > is
> > that the one I'm having problems with has SP2 update where the other
> > doesn't.
> > I really need to get it installed on this computer as my wife uses this
> > one
> > for her business and needs that program. The company support is for the
> > birds
> > as the only thing the guy could tell me was that it was a Windows program
> > and
> > that I needed to re-install Windows.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks in Advance for your help.

Hi Scott,

Have you....

a) verified that those files actually exist in the system32 folder?

b) tried manually registering them with regsvr32.exe?