How to disable drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer?

Hi there,
We have more and more problems with unintentional moved
folders on our shares - due to uncontrolled drag-and-drop
from not-carefull-enough users...

We are thinking of disabling drag and drop for file moving
and copying in Windows Explorer.

It could be a partial disabling:
Left mouse button drag-and-drop disabled but right mouse
button drag-and-drop would be available with its current
context menu when dropping

Another partial disabling: for one share or the other /
for one folder and its siblings

It could be an application-wide disabling - no drag and
drop for Windows Explorer.

Are one or all these different scenarios implementable,
and how?

I know we could activate an audit on delete, but our
servers security logs would explode and the file sharing
throughput probably slow down...

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Regards

Marc Cueni
IT manager

Hi,
I am also having the same problem with drag and drop. I have searched the
group policy settings for windows explorer and have come up with nothing for
disabling this feature. If anyone has any help or suggestions it would be
greatly appreciated.

Charlene Brouns
Network Admin

"Marc Cueni" wrote:

> Hi there,
> We have more and more problems with unintentional moved
> folders on our shares - due to uncontrolled drag-and-drop
> from not-carefull-enough users...
>
> We are thinking of disabling drag and drop for file moving
> and copying in Windows Explorer.
>
> It could be a partial disabling:
> Left mouse button drag-and-drop disabled but right mouse
> button drag-and-drop would be available with its current
> context menu when dropping
>
> Another partial disabling: for one share or the other /
> for one folder and its siblings
>
> It could be an application-wide disabling - no drag and
> drop for Windows Explorer.
>
> Are one or all these different scenarios implementable,
> and how?
>
> I know we could activate an audit on delete, but our
> servers security logs would explode and the file sharing
> throughput probably slow down...
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestion.
>
> Regards
>
> Marc Cueni
> IT manager

did you find your answer as I too have the same problem..
thanks