I have a big problem with my gecubex1800gto

tato999

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Hi I bought an gecube x1800gto and I tried to oc with the winflash and it gave an error and when I restart my pc it didnt work any more, is there any way to reset the bios on a video card, but phisically because I cant do anything via software because it doesnt send any video signal and when i turn on my computer it sounds like one large "bip" and then 3 short "bip"

tato999

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
hello sorry for the question but how can I flash the bios again if the video card is not in the cumputer? I alredy have a cheap pci card but is not the same would you please tell me how can flash the bios? thank you, I'll apreciate so much If you tell me how to do it step by step.

I mean if I flash the bios with other video card it work when I put the x1800gto?

When you say pci you men pci-express Right?

My especification are
amd 64 3000
asus a8n32-sli deluxe
1gb ram

Ghostyman

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
PCI card is a very old kind of video card with PCI BUS interface, not the new PCI-express card. Most of the PCI cards's memories are no more than 32M.
firtly, turn off the power for security. secondly,install the PCI card in the PCI slot and the 1800GTO in the PCI-Express slot. then start your computer, flash the bios as you did.

hi man ,did i say it clearly? my englis is rather poor! :p