Inability to Access Digital Photo Files/Database

I have traditionally used a Canon company software (Zoom
Browser Ex) to arrange, view and work with digital photos.
Recently, the following error message appeared and
effectively froze access to these digital photo files
within the Zoom Browser Ex software:

An error has occurred and the operation is cancelled. It
is likely that the database has been corrupted. You can
press the Restore button below to restore the database from
a backup copy. You can also restore a database at any time
by choosing the Restore Database menu command.

Error Code is: Ox80040b5f

Restore Database OK

Neither of the recommended steps seem to work. Can anyone
tell me how to resolve this problem? The digital files
have not been lost as I can find them among the program
files under Cannon but I cannot work with them using the
Zoom Browser Ex software.

dl

Perhaps the Q should be posed to Canon tech?
I too have Canon Zoom Browser, but I also have other software, some of which
I recollect was supplied with my Canon camera, with which to access my
photos.
I have checked my Canon Folders and cannot find any file that appears to be
a db.
Perhaps you could simply uninstall the Canon software, then reinstall.
My photos are stored in a Folder under My Documents - which I have backed up