Help! Backup.bkf Media#1, not found or recognized

Hi!

Please, is there anyone been facing this same problem?

Just a few hours ago I the first time faced a real problem with the MS Back-up
Utility on a Win2000Pro system. When trying to Restore a folder from the
back-up
disks, the Utility didn't find/recognize the requested Media#1 on neither of
the
available back-up disks! The cataloging did work well, and the requested
Folder
was still shown pertinently, but the Media was not found on the disk, where
it sure
is in inside the Backup.bkf file! For a few weeks ago on a similar Restore
situation all worked well ...

For a few hours ago I did update the Win2000Pro with the Main Certificate -,
DirectX 9.0c -, IE 6.0 SP1 Security - and GDI+ -updates, so, could some of
these
maybe have been having some influence on the Backup.bkf tables, links or
alike somewhere on that area/direction?

Urgent replies are much appreciated, as I have to get the Restore done
in few hours before people coming to work!

And, if the Media not recognized, is there any other tool to dig into the
Backup.bkf
and get the folders/files out from there ?

Best regards,

Pete V.
M.Sc.(IT)
Helsinki, Finland

Hi!

Problem cause found, and investigation will be continued on other direction.

This wasn't at all due to Win2000Pro updatings, but unfortunately came up just
after the updates ...

The real fault is connected somehow to the Promise Ultra133TX2 PCI-IDE card
and the extra 2 IDE channels for 4 drives on it. The back-ups were taken
to HDD's through them as usual all OK, but for some reason can't be restored
through them, somehow weird, but through the mobo basic 2 IDE channels all OK.

If someone has some experience on this, please reply with your hints, they
will be
much appreciated.

Best regards,

Pete V.

"PeteV" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please, is there anyone been facing this same problem?
>
> Just a few hours ago I the first time faced a real problem with the MS Back-up
> Utility on a Win2000Pro system. When trying to Restore a folder from the
> back-up
> disks, the Utility didn't find/recognize the requested Media#1 on neither of
> the
> available back-up disks! The cataloging did work well, and the requested
> Folder
> was still shown pertinently, but the Media was not found on the disk, where
> it sure
> is in inside the Backup.bkf file! For a few weeks ago on a similar Restore
> situation all worked well ...
>
> For a few hours ago I did update the Win2000Pro with the Main Certificate -,
> DirectX 9.0c -, IE 6.0 SP1 Security - and GDI+ -updates, so, could some of
> these
> maybe have been having some influence on the Backup.bkf tables, links or
> alike somewhere on that area/direction?
>
> Urgent replies are much appreciated, as I have to get the Restore done
> in few hours before people coming to work!
>
> And, if the Media not recognized, is there any other tool to dig into the
> Backup.bkf
> and get the folders/files out from there ?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Pete V.
> M.Sc.(IT)
> Helsinki, Finland

Hi!

The case is cleared, but the basic fault never recognized.

There has been something causing this fault, maybe somehow connected to the
Promise Ultra133TX2 PCI-IDE channels, but now luckily the fault has not been
appearing anymore ...

So, if this comes up once again, I may come back to this.

Best regards,

Pete V.