Removing disk from spanned volume ?

Hi,

I've accidentally add new hard drive to another dynamic disk in Disk
Management, so there is a spanned volume now. I would like to remove this
new disk because I don't need any spanned volumes.
But, as I understand, if I simply remove that disk, all volume (including
old dynamic disk) will lost.
How could I remove the disk safe from spanned volume ?

P.S. Windows 2000 Server SP4.
1 answer Last reply
More about removing disk spanned volume

    Andrew

    You are correct, you need to backup, delete the volume, create a new one,
    and then restore. I am not aware of any other solution.

    Best regards

    Bjorn
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

    "Andrew Simonov" <justforspam@luukku.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've accidentally add new hard drive to another dynamic disk in Disk
    >Management, so there is a spanned volume now. I would like to remove this
    >new disk because I don't need any spanned volumes.
    >But, as I understand, if I simply remove that disk, all volume (including
    >old dynamic disk) will lost.
    >How could I remove the disk safe from spanned volume ?
    >
    >P.S. Windows 2000 Server SP4.

File System Windows