Deleted Profile-Recover My Documents Folder

We deleted a user profile to try to fix a problem. The associated My
Documents folder was subsequently deleted when the profile was deleted.
Anyway to get the folder back?
1 answer Last reply
More about deleted profile recover documents folder

    Dennis wrote:
    > We deleted a user profile to try to fix a problem. The associated My
    > Documents folder was subsequently deleted when the profile was
    > deleted. Anyway to get the folder back?

    Try www.undelete.com or another such product, but try it *soon*.

    Note - you really should consider redirecting users' "My Documents" to
    somewhere other than the profile folder. If it's a standalone system, create
    c:\data or something, and in the properties of My Docs on the desktop,
    change it to that target. When profiles get corrupt, it's nice to be able to
    delete them & recreate them without worrying about losing data...

    If you're on a network, use a network path for My Documents, such as the
    user's home directory. If you're on a domain, easiest to do this through
    group policies.

File System My Documents Microsoft Windows