ASUS P5b Deluxe Wifi Boot POST BIOS Beeping problems!

Dusted

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Hi guys -

Hope you may be able to help me as I am tearing my hair out here.......

I have -

Asus P5b Deluxe Wi Fi ap
2 x 1gb DDR2 Corsair 6400
Conroe E6400
ATi X1900xtx GFX Card
2 x 250GB sata Barracudas
Zalman CPU Cooler
Creative PCI Sound card EAX (as this boards sound is shocking apparently)
Antec Sonata 2 Case

Last weekend I built the machine - no issues apart from trying to load the right RAID drivers. Got XP to work and started AOK then waited till the morning to install SP2.

So woke up the next day and booted up - started the boot screen for XP and then the PC rebooted, black screen and every time I boot up all the fans go on, no screen, and I get 1 long beep followed by 3 short ones.

RMA'd the board, they said it POST'd perfectly. Changed the GEIL RAM I orig had to Corsair (above) and literally just turned it on and the SAME ^^%$ AGAIN WITH THE BEEPING!

Please can anyone help - I'm at my wits end here. :cry: :cry:

FYI I managed to get the BIOS to 0507 when I was 1st building the mavhine and no issues all stable.

Can anyone help! ??? :?: :?: :?:

Dusted

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah had a look at that info before - would it still make the same beeps if the GFX card was not even on the board (process of elimination)?

And its a brand new GFX card?

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Assuming they are using that beep code convention a lack of GFX card might also be one long 2 short, both indicate problems with the video. I assume you don't have a card you can switch it for then? Or another PC you can try your card in? My best guess is the video but someone else may have a better idea, the components look fine as my setup is:

Asus P5b Deluxe Wi Fi ap
2 x 1gb DDR2 Corsair 6400
Conroe E6600
MSI X1900xt GFX Card
Zalman CPU Cooler
Creative PCI Audigy 2

So i doubt its any sort of parts incompatibility. Seeing as you managed to load XP I would assume something went bad unless you might have jogged a wire loose.

Dusted

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Reckon it might have anything to do with replacing the GPU stock cooler with an Actic Cooling Accelero X? It was working fine with the uprated cooler on tho?

Dusted

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Just tried with new GFX card and it POST'd straight away.

Godamn!!!!!!!

How frustrating!

Thanks for all your help tho - ref the previous post, it may have something to do with a fried GFX card in whcih case I don't know what to do - its ATi built - anyone know if they have good warranty cover??