Sign in with
Your question

Connected in wireless internet but it cannot connect in the internet using windo

Tags:
  • Connection
  • Wireless Internet
  • Internet
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2009 11:43:35 PM

I am connected in wire less Internet but i cannot connect in the Internet using windows 7

More about : connected wireless internet connect internet windo

November 14, 2009 12:05:34 AM

What IP address are you getting? Open a command box, type CMD at the run line, hit enter, then type IPCONFIG and hit enter. If you're getting an IP address starting with 169, your not getting a valid address...
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 6:28:28 AM

You didn't happen to obtain a new network driver via Windows Update right after installing 7, did you kenneth?
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2009 7:00:16 AM

marcellis22 said:
What IP address are you getting? Open a command box, type CMD at the run line, hit enter, then type IPCONFIG and hit enter. If you're getting an IP address starting with 169, your not getting a valid address...

Please don't spread misleading information....

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1918.html
m
l
November 14, 2009 2:29:28 PM

Quote:
You didn't happen to obtain a new network driver via Windows Update right after installing 7, did you kenneth?

I know that one, had around 6 of my customers machines go down due to a gigabit network driver update.
Easy fix, run your original motherboard driver cd. (assuming it is that)
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 5:41:26 PM

plasmastorm said:
Quote:

I know that one, had around 6 of my customers machines go down due to a gigabit network driver update.
Easy fix, run your original motherboard driver cd. (assuming it is that)

Even easier fix.... go to the device manager, click on the LAN adapter and tell it to roll back the driver.
m
l
!