NTFS Rights Import / Export

Hello,

Is there a way to export and import NTFS right??
If yes, tell me how.
I knwo that I can use CACLS to export (maybe) but reimport ??

Thanks in advance

Olivier

Arioch

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002

 ïèñüìå îò Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:44:12 +0200, Olivier César
<o.cesar@skynet.be> ñîîáùàë:

> Is there a way to export and import NTFS right??

WinRar - compress files with ACLs, then extract back.

--
Èñïîëüçóåòñÿ M2, ðåâîëþöèîííûé ïî÷òîâûé êëèåíò áðàóçåðà Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:44:12 +0200, "Olivier César" <o.cesar@skynet.be>
wrote in microsoft.public.win2000.file_system:

>Is there a way to export and import NTFS right??
>If yes, tell me how.
>I knwo that I can use CACLS to export (maybe) but reimport ??

You mean like Novell Netware's TBACKUP ? I don't think there's
anything that simple and free in the Windows NT world.

There's cacls, xcacls, perms, showacls, and probably more, but none
produce output that could be read by itself or another program. You
would have to parse the output yourself.

OTOH, there's the monster of a program subinacl which has a /playfile
option; I've never used it, but that might work. The subinacl.htm file
has these instructions:

"The task in this example is to save the security settings of all
files on the C: drive to the file D:\Subinaclsave.txt by using a
format that the /playfile command can replay. Type the following
at the command line:
subinacl /noverbose /outputlog=D:\subinaclsave.txt /subdirectories c:\*.* /display

To reapply the saved settings, type the following at the command
line:

subinacl /playfile D:\subinaclsave.txt

See:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en>

Commercially, ScriptLogic's Security Explorer seems very popular,
there's also Hyena from SomarSoft/SystemTools, Ideal Migration from
pointdev, and probably many others. They all cost money, some a lot.

Good luck, and let us know how you go.

Great ... that's what I wanted.

Thanks