rma'd video card, beeps still occur

jp550

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Hi, About a month or so after i built my computer, it started to emit a loud continuous beep at times when i played games. Everytime the beeps started, i would pause the game or exit out of it. This caused the beeps to immediatly stop. I thought this was a graphics card issue, so I rma'd my evga 7600gt. I just got the card back a few days ago. It seemed to work fine untill today when the beep started up again. I use this computer mostly for Video editing, and when i edit the beeps have never occured. It only occurs when i play a game.

ps: I updated the bios of the motherboard and it beeped for a few seconds when updating, but that was it.

My specs are this:

Motherboard: D975xbx rev 3.04
Processor: pentium D 930 (it is cooled with a zalman 9500)
Video Card-evga 7600gt
Ram- 2 gigs Corsair ddr2-800
power supply-antec tpi-II 550watt
case-Thermaltake armor

Im pretty sure the case has good airflow, as the wires are up in the top right with no cluttering the card at all. And also, the beeps never occur when editing which i think is as intensive if not more than a game

What do you all suggest??

thanks

whmice

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
install the intel monitor, it will log any temperature spikes, and tell you how serious the situation is (or even if it has to do with the temp)

jp550

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I've looked over the bios, but I can't find a Health tab. There is a management section, and this tells the temps and stuff, but it doesnt have any options to set the threshold. It says press "escape" to continue, but when i press escape, it just exits out of that menu.

jp550

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I've monitored the temperatures of the cpu, and it is around 42 idle and it goes from around 52 to 55 during games. I don' t think this is a heat issue, as it also beeped for the first time on reboot today.

What are some other possible causes for a long continuous beep besides a processor overheat. I've searched the net and looked in the manual, but all the beeps it talks about are the ones that happen if a computer doesnt boot. the beeps im experiencing happen most only during games, and they stop immediatly after i click pause or exit the games.

What other possibilities are there? Thank you for the help, this issue is annoying the heck out of me.