patrickcyr

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Hi,

I've bought this new motherboard and received it today. After installing all my old components back on the new mobo, (Pentium D 805, OCZ 1GB Dual Channel, XFX Geforce 6600, Thermaltake Bigwater 745) I tried to turn on my computer and it booted for about 2-3 seconds and everything went off... I tried back and it did the same thing... I don't think it can be a thermal issue because when a CPU is overheating, it takes more that 2-3 seconds for the motherboard to react... And I thought maybe that it could be my PSU... But it as 430 watts of output power and my CPU isn't overclocked... so.. I don;t know.. have any ideas?

Qisa

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I don't know about the Q3, but the S3 and DS3 have had some problems with OCZ RAM. If you're able to create an floppy on another machine to update your BIOS, that would be the first thing I'd do.

patrickcyr

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Sorry! that's what I meant.. the Gigabyte GA-965P-S3... what I'll do is I'll try to find another sort of RAM stick and I'll try it... if it does work, well I'll upgrade the BIOS in the same time I have this temporary stick and I'll try back...