Sign in with
Your question

TWIN2X2048-6400C3 any news??

Last response: in Memory
September 2, 2006 10:03:08 PM

anyone have any idea wher to get some or when ther will be a restocking of the ram within the next 3 weeks i need some bad.

More about : twin2x2048 6400c3 news

September 3, 2006 12:06:31 AM

Yes, I am also searching for this model.

On a side note...

Why are the TWIN2X2048-6400C3 and TWIN2X2048-6400C4 models listed as SLI certified, while the TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO model is not? If I intend to use the memory with SLI, should I get the non-PRO version, or does it even matter? If I go with C4 instead of C3, I would prefer to get the PRO model (fancy LEDs), unless there is some important reason why the PRO model is not SLI certified.
September 3, 2006 3:44:02 AM

Quote:

On a side note...

Why are the TWIN2X2048-6400C3 and TWIN2X2048-6400C4 models listed as SLI certified, while the TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO model is not? If I intend to use the memory with SLI, should I get the non-PRO version, or does it even matter? If I go with C4 instead of C3, I would prefer to get the PRO model (fancy LEDs), unless there is some important reason why the PRO model is not SLI certified.

That SLI certification is bullshi*t. It has been from the get go. The only "SLI certification" that really matters is the one for motherboards. Get whatever you think is best, ignore the SLI "cert" logo 'cause it doesn't matter.
Related resources
September 3, 2006 4:08:16 AM

Thanks--figured as much.
September 15, 2006 1:23:27 AM

I got a pair, now i am looking for another pair, thinking of having 4Gig in my rig. Can't find them. Damn
Even cdw.com does not have them,and it says "This product has been discontinued." ha, damn, i'm stuck with nice memory but can't add more of the same.
September 20, 2006 1:04:54 PM

zipzoom fly just got them in since they are real rare they are charging 499 for them WHA!!!
September 20, 2006 2:11:02 PM

Quote:

On a side note...

the Sli certification that your referring to is actually pretty cool, that means that it comes with EPP, which when games are enabled these Enhanced Performance Profile's are opened and the ram finds the sweet spot of performance and lowers the timings or raises the frequency, granted this has NOTHING to do with SLi, nvidia and corsair just teamed up to do this, although the performance gain from this is untested as of yet, the EPP will only will only work with SLi boards( the ram will work fine, just the EPP won't be activated), and right now it is strictly limited to the 590 SLi, so unless you have a 590 SLi board it will not take advantage of the fact that your ram has EPP...
September 20, 2006 2:20:43 PM

Quote:
Because Corsair found they could rip people off more with 8500C5 which is the same thing as 6400C3. Same batch of D9GKX, same Brainpower PCB.

even though you are saying they are the same exact ram, and you say corsair is ripping you off....Anandtech had otherwise to say

Quote:
Corsair 6400C3 topped out at DDR2-1112, which is the second highest stable speed ever achieved with our DDR2 memory samples. This is particularly interesting when you consider that this Corsair memory, rated at DDR2-800, actually reaches a slightly higher top speed than we could achieve with Corsair DDR2-1067. Corsair clearly binned this memory for tight timings across the band and at a lower than average voltage in this class range. The 6400C3 achieves that design goal, and always does so with tighter timings than we would expect.

so even though these could be the same batch they are obviously pretty tight on only allowing the best ones come out that are capable of higher speeds and lower timings than there other ram,

i'm not sure the price difference and at speeds like that i'm not sure what gains are to be made over a few mhz, and lastly i guess anandtech could have gotten lucky but nonetheless they did report that the 6400C3 went higher than the corsair 8500C5
September 20, 2006 6:35:21 PM

Yes, I saw the 6400C3 listed on ZipZoomFly the day after I ordered the 6400C4PRO. But, that's okay, because I like the awesome LED lights, and I saved some money.

According to Corsair, the 6400C3, 6400C4, and 6400C4PRO all support EPP. However, the 6400C4PRO is the only model not listed as "SLI certified." Obviously, EPP is the key feature. So, since they all have EPP, why is the PRO model not "SLI certified?" What is/are the missing feature(s) if any? It doesn't matter now that I already have the 6400C4PRO, but that was my initial question. I'll be installing this memory in an Asus P5N32-SLI Premium with the nForce 590 chipset.
September 21, 2006 3:12:21 AM

Quote:
They're only guessing behind the scene data and are wrong. They don't have access to them like I do. And I have to admit I would've said the same thing as AT if I hadn't known about it.
RAM is just one of those thing, a batch of the same binned IC can still vary up to 50Mhz (100 DDR) per module.

i conceded the fact that it could've very well been one of the better performances from that pair of modules, i understand that their 8500C5 could get there too if you got lucky enough, but i guess i wonder would the 8500C5 be able to easily clock down to ddr2-800 with as tight of timings...
!