Restore Windows 2003 default NTFS permissions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

Hello,

I know there is a tool that will restore windows NTFS permissions to their
default installation permissions. What I'm wondering is there one for Windows
2003? I want to restore the NTFS permissions back to the way they were at the
time of installation. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks
Mark
3 answers Last reply
More about restore windows 2003 default ntfs permissions
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    This article may help. Same steps for 2003

    How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266118

    --
    Regards,

    Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mark" wrote:
    | Hello,
    |
    | I know there is a tool that will restore windows NTFS permissions to their
    | default installation permissions. What I'm wondering is there one for
    Windows
    | 2003? I want to restore the NTFS permissions back to the way they were at
    the
    | time of installation. Any help with this would be great.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Mark
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Thanks. I did see that article, just didn't know if it applied to 2003. MS
    should have a script in the reskit that would do this. Seems like this
    article only applies permissions to the winnt or windows directory and
    subfolders?

    Thanks
    Mark

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > This article may help. Same steps for 2003
    >
    > How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266118
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Mark" wrote:
    > | Hello,
    > |
    > | I know there is a tool that will restore windows NTFS permissions to their
    > | default installation permissions. What I'm wondering is there one for
    > Windows
    > | 2003? I want to restore the NTFS permissions back to the way they were at
    > the
    > | time of installation. Any help with this would be great.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > | Mark
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    I don't think so. Should restore the permissions as per;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244600
    Also should re-apply default registry permissions.

    --
    Regards,

    Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mark" wrote:
    | Thanks. I did see that article, just didn't know if it applied to 2003. MS
    | should have a script in the reskit that would do this. Seems like this
    | article only applies permissions to the winnt or windows directory and
    | subfolders?
    |
    | Thanks
    | Mark
Ask a new question

Read More

Default Windows Server 2003 NTFS Permissions Windows