"looking behind" Windows 2000 Professional Boot Screen

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does anyone know of a way (perferrably easy) to look behind the boot screen
in windows 2000? In Windows 95/98 you could press ESC and the screen would
be replaced with the boot detail. This is what I'm looking for in Windows
2000.

For some reason my PC hangs up for about a minute at the "midpoint" on the
bar and it's annoying.

Thanks !

"=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Does anyone know of a way (perferrably easy) to look behind the boot
> screen in windows 2000? In Windows 95/98 you could press ESC and the
> screen would be replaced with the boot detail. This is what I'm
> looking for in Windows 2000.
>
> For some reason my PC hangs up for about a minute at the "midpoint" on
> the bar and it's annoying.
>
> Thanks !

If you add /SOS to your boot.ini it will 'show on screen' the drivers as
they get loaded.

Wayne

--
Standard Disclaimer: I said it, they didn't, so blame me, not them!
Spam Avoidance: My reply address is invalid to confuse the spambots.