xp keeps rebooting

hello !!! my xp machine keeps rebooting. xp installations comes with sp1 and
it is configured to automatically install updates. when i restarted, it just
keeps on rebooting. in goes to windows logo (black screen) with the progress
bar then reboots. what happened???? can anyone help me, please i need to
finish a project.

sam
2 answers Last reply
More about rebooting

    It is possible that autoupdate installed SP2. A small number of systems
    choke on it. If you can boot to Safe Mode you can remove SP2 through Add and
    Remove Programs. If not check here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875355&Product=windowsxpsp2
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "samrod" <samrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | hello !!! my xp machine keeps rebooting. xp installations comes with sp1
    and
    | it is configured to automatically install updates. when i restarted, it
    just
    | keeps on rebooting. in goes to windows logo (black screen) with the
    progress
    | bar then reboots. what happened???? can anyone help me, please i need to
    | finish a project.
    |
    | sam

    go to control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery settings/ and untick
    automatically restart

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > It is possible that autoupdate installed SP2. A small number of systems
    > choke on it. If you can boot to Safe Mode you can remove SP2 through Add and
    > Remove Programs. If not check here
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875355&Product=windowsxpsp2
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
    >

    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "samrod" <samrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | hello !!! my xp machine keeps rebooting. xp installations comes with sp1
    > and
    > | it is configured to automatically install updates. when i restarted, it
    > just
    > | keeps on rebooting. in goes to windows logo (black screen) with the
    > progress
    > | bar then reboots. what happened???? can anyone help me, please i need to
    > | finish a project.
    > |
    > | sam

Microsoft Windows XP