Cannot Import Dynamic Disk

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I have a system that suddenly stopped booting with a drive inaccessible
error. I put the boot device into another system to examine it, and when
I attempt to import the dynamic disk I get:

"INTERNAL Error - Disk group has no valid group configuration copies"

I am able to boot off the mirror drive, thankfully.

Upon closer examination, the boot device has no errors. So it appears that
Windows 2000 simply corrupted the disk. What would cause such a situation?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

westes

The "Advanced reading" section in this MS Knowledge Base has some info that
might explain:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222189

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)