What is numbersj.ini popping onto Desktop?

I copied an older program (Grand Converter for miles to KM, etc.) from
my old Win98 PC to my new WinXP PC and keep getting a popup icon on my
desktop named numbersj.ini. If I right-click it one option is OPEN but
I'm afraid I might configure something wrongly by clicking on OPEN. Can
anyone tell me what this is or how to get it off my desktop for good.
I've right-clicked it and deleted it several times but anytime I run the
Converter program the numbersj.ini icon just pops up again on my desktop.
2 answers Last reply
More about what numbersj popping desktop

    "Jim Owens" <owensva@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > I copied an older program (Grand Converter for miles to KM, etc.) from
    > my old Win98 PC to my new WinXP PC and keep getting a popup icon on my
    > desktop named numbersj.ini. If I right-click it one option is OPEN but
    > I'm afraid I might configure something wrongly by clicking on OPEN. Can
    > anyone tell me what this is or how to get it off my desktop for good.
    > I've right-clicked it and deleted it several times but anytime I run the
    > Converter program the numbersj.ini icon just pops up again on my desktop.

    Is the converter program actually installed to the desktop folder, instead
    of to another folder with a shortcut on the desktop? Usually when programs
    generate an .ini file, they do so to their current working directory..

    ..ini files are usually text files. Right click and choose Open With, and
    choose Notepad.

    HTH
    -pk

    Hi

    Have you virus checked your system with the latest definitions for your Anti
    Virus program?

    Also please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Jim Owens" <owensva@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >I copied an older program (Grand Converter for miles to KM, etc.) from my
    >old Win98 PC to my new WinXP PC and keep getting a popup icon on my desktop
    >named numbersj.ini. If I right-click it one option is OPEN but I'm afraid
    >I might configure something wrongly by clicking on OPEN. Can anyone tell
    >me what this is or how to get it off my desktop for good. I've
    >right-clicked it and deleted it several times but anytime I run the
    >Converter program the numbersj.ini icon just pops up again on my desktop.

Desktops Converter Microsoft Windows XP