Lexmark printer prints nothing

Hi,

I've got one 2nd hand Lexmark Z25 printer from my friend. He told me
it's working normal and actually I've tried used it once to print out
one test page in Windows ME. But as I switched to XP and driver
installation, test page prints out nothing but from the movement of
print head looks as if it's printing normally.

I tried to print test page again in original ME installation, the same
problem happens. I'm sure the ink box has ink as I manually add ink
into it.

Could anyone please suggest any further check possible ?

Tks:(
7 answers Last reply
More about lexmark printer prints nothing

    Try running a clean in Lexmark solutions, if it prints blank take out and
    reinstall the ink carts being sure to set them up again before printing, the
    Lexmark solution system should also show you how much ink is left in the
    carts, if low either buy new or refill.

    "emil_lam" <Emil_Lam@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> [...]

    reinstall the ink carts being sure to set them up again before printing, the
    Lexmark solution system should also show you how much ink is left in the
    carts, if low either buy new or refill.

    "emil_lam" <Emil_Lam@mailcity.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got one 2nd hand Lexmark Z25 printer from my friend. He told me
    > it's working normal and actually I've tried used it once to print out
    > one test page in Windows ME. But as I switched to XP and driver
    > installation, test page prints out nothing but from the movement of
    > print head looks as if it's printing normally.
    >
    > I tried to print test page again in original ME installation, the same
    > problem happens. I'm sure the ink box has ink as I manually add ink
    > into it.
    >
    > Could anyone please suggest any further check possible ?

    emil_lam,
    I have had a Lexmark 1100, and currently have an Lexmark X73 All-in-One. The problem with the older Lexmarks in my experience, is that the XP drivers don't work properly, and may even react worse when SP2 is installed. You can try using the drivers for Win2000, and see if that would work for an XP PC. Or if you tried to install the XP drivers available then, you would have gotten a warning that the drivers have not been certified by MS, to work with XP. That was the way to do it, when XP was first introduce.

    The problem for me, is that Lexmark has made no effort to upgrade the drivers to be truly XP compatible. If you download an XP driver "TODAY" for an older Lexmark printer, during installation process, you will still get a warning that the driver has not been certified by MS to work with XP, and you have to Press "Continue Install Anyway". Again I say this was almost tolerable when XP was first introduced, but not now, years later. Lexmark should step up and say that these older printers are not XP compatible, or make the drivers compatible with XP.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    In article <ddhutn$et0$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
    photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk (Shooter) wrote:

    > Try running a clean in Lexmark solutions...

    But note that you may not need to do this four times. ;-)

    Jon.

    "RRR_News" <RRR_News@isp.com> wrote in message
[...]

    Under Properties/Advance/Print Processor: Select WinPrint and Default data
    type: RAW

    Vern

Printers Lexmark Peripherals