Cheapest priced tv tuner which still has good quality

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I was wondering if there are any good tv tuners out there for a really good price, let's say under $50.

I also have some other questions, such as what are the specs you look for in tv tuners (I know you look for core clock, pipes, memory type, memory clock and such in video cards, so what are TV tuners specs you should look for)

Will they look good on a 17' monitor? (just a standard one)

What is the life expectancy? Can you add heatsinks to cool it and extend the life?

weilin

Distinguished
compro 1s r great. i got mine for 20 bucks. and ill never go back. it gives a clearer channel than my tv does. (the company has since hiked its prices, u can still get hheir products for around 30-40 dollars now.)

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
compro 1s r great. i got mine for 20 bucks. and ill never go back. it gives a clearer channel than my tv does. (the company has since hiked its prices, u can still get hheir products for around 30-40 dollars now.)

Link me up scotty ;)

Bruxbox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
If you are looking for an analog TV tuner, I'd recommend the ATI Theater Pro 550. PCAlchemy.com has it currently on sale for $49.95, which makes it a good value. This model works in Windows XP as well as Windows Media Center Edition.

If you want a good digital HD tuner, I'd recommend the Avermedia AverTVHD A180. PCAlchemy.com also seems to have a good price on this at $69.95. It is probably the best HD tuner at this price. This also works in XP and WMCE. In fact, you can put two of the Avermedia A180's in WMCE, provided that you have an analog tuner present.

Do a Froogle Google price check anyway.