How do I find a temporary internet file?

I recently a viewed a short video file on a website.
I would like to find it on my harddrive to save it.
It was easy on Windows98; I just saved the temporary internet file.
I can't find it on WindowsXP
Where do I find a video I have viewed on WindowsXP so I can save it?

Thank you.

--
Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

Babel17DELANY wrote:
> I recently a viewed a short video file on a website.
> I would like to find it on my harddrive to save it.
> It was easy on Windows98; I just saved the temporary internet file.
> I can't find it on WindowsXP
> Where do I find a video I have viewed on WindowsXP so I can save it?
>
> Thank you.

The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files.

These folders may be hidden, so you need to click Tools/Folder Options/View
Tab and select the options, "Display the contents of system folders" and
"Show hidden files and folders".

Some video files that you view on web pages are not placed in the Temporary
Internet Files folder in a useable format.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Thanks - I found it !

Things are certainly a bit harder to find in XP than in 98 :)

--
"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Babel17DELANY wrote:
> > I recently a viewed a short video file on a website.
> > I would like to find it on my harddrive to save it.
> > It was easy on Windows98; I just saved the temporary internet file.
> > I can't find it on WindowsXP
> > Where do I find a video I have viewed on WindowsXP so I can save it?
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> The default location is:
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> Files.
>
> These folders may be hidden, so you need to click Tools/Folder
Options/View
> Tab and select the options, "Display the contents of system folders" and
> "Show hidden files and folders".
>
> Some video files that you view on web pages are not placed in the
Temporary
> Internet Files folder in a useable format.
>
> --
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

Actually, I find XP easier to use than 98. You may just be dealing with the
newness.

Babel17DELANY wrote:
> Thanks - I found it !
>
> Things are certainly a bit harder to find in XP than in 98 :)

Yep, everything is in a different place. :)

Enjoy the movie.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Babel17DELANY" <Babel17DELANY@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Thanks - I found it !
>
> Things are certainly a bit harder to find in XP than in 98 :)

Actually, they aren't really. The difference you see is due to the fact
that XP, unlike 9x, is intended for multiple users and so has the "documents
and settings" structure that contains all the account settings. There is a
separate set for each user.

Once you get to
\documents and settings\user name\

ALL of the documents and settings are in one place.

Ultimately, you'll probably find it easier to get around in.

HTH
-pk

> --
> Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Babel17DELANY wrote:
> > > I recently a viewed a short video file on a website.
> > > I would like to find it on my harddrive to save it.
> > > It was easy on Windows98; I just saved the temporary internet file.
> > > I can't find it on WindowsXP
> > > Where do I find a video I have viewed on WindowsXP so I can save it?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> >
> > The default location is:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> > Files.
> >
> > These folders may be hidden, so you need to click Tools/Folder
> Options/View
> > Tab and select the options, "Display the contents of system folders" and
> > "Show hidden files and folders".
> >
> > Some video files that you view on web pages are not placed in the
> Temporary
> > Internet Files folder in a useable format.
> >
> > --
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

Click on my computer, click C drive, and click windows folder & click on
temp
folder , that will show your internet files, Hope this helps,
Bill.
>I recently a viewed a short video file on a website.
> I would like to find it on my harddrive to save it.
> It was easy on Windows98; I just saved the temporary internet file.
> I can't find it on WindowsXP
> Where do I find a video I have viewed on WindowsXP so I can save it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

I have download some files extension .rar. From the icon shows,I understand
the default player is Real.........
I am unable to play it as I am using freeware. Windows Media also can't.
Didn't try Mpeg or others yet.
Can anyone know the experience what program can ran these file and where to
download it?

Thanks.

Chong

RAR is a compressed file format, similar to a ZIP...
From IZARC help file.

What is an Archive?
Archives are files that contain other files. Typically the
files in an archive are compressed. Archives usually have
file names ending with ZIP, RAR, ARC, ARJ, ACE, LZH etc.,
depending on how they were created. Archives make it easy to
group files and make transporting and copying these files
faster.

I use IZArc, a free program which handles all types of file
compression and has a very easy to use GUI.

"MSN" <stm@xinhuanet.com> wrote in message
|I have download some files extension .rar. From the icon
shows,I understand
| the default player is Real.........
| I am unable to play it as I am using freeware. Windows
Media also can't.
| Didn't try Mpeg or others yet.
| Can anyone know the experience what program can ran these
file and where to
| download it?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Chong