Printer Install

I am a domain admin on the network and for some reason the servers keep
having network printers installed on them via my PC. I am not running server
(just W2k).

The construction of the event view information is as such:
"Printer __[Server]_[PrinterName]/[NameOfMyPC]/Session 2 was created."

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Erin

EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com wrote:
> I am a domain admin on the network and for some reason the servers
> keep having network printers installed on them via my PC. I am not
> running server (just W2k).
>
> The construction of the event view information is as such:
> "Printer __[Server]_[PrinterName]/[NameOfMyPC]/Session 2 was created."
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

Do you access the servers via Terminal Services?

Yes. I access these servers via Terminal Services. I am not the only person
who does this, yet I am the only one getting my printers installed on the
server.

"EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com" wrote:

> I am a domain admin on the network and for some reason the servers keep
> having network printers installed on them via my PC. I am not running server
> (just W2k).
>
> The construction of the event view information is as such:
> "Printer __[Server]_[PrinterName]/[NameOfMyPC]/Session 2 was created."
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

Yes. I am accessing these servers via Terminal Services. However I am not
the only person accessing the servers with TS. Still I am the only one
getting my printers installed on them.

This is making the event viewer go crazy with warnings and errors.

Thanks!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com wrote:
> > I am a domain admin on the network and for some reason the servers
> > keep having network printers installed on them via my PC. I am not
> > running server (just W2k).
> >
> > The construction of the event view information is as such:
> > "Printer __[Server]_[PrinterName]/[NameOfMyPC]/Session 2 was created."
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Erin
>
> Do you access the servers via Terminal Services?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:12 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com wrote:
>> I am a domain admin on the network and for some reason the servers
>> keep having network printers installed on them via my PC. I am not
>> running server (just W2k).
>>
>> The construction of the event view information is as such:
>> "Printer __[Server]_[PrinterName]/[NameOfMyPC]/Session 2 was created."
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Erin
>
>Do you access the servers via Terminal Services?

I'm pretty sure that he is. Printer creation on with TS can be
configured using RDP configuration tools.

TRENDING THREADS