Slow My Computer Folder Load

doocie

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Gonna keep this short, or at least try to. Anyways I just built my aunt a pc and for some odd reason the my computer folder during boot up gives me a flash light icon for approximately 4 seconds before showing any content. I ran a test on my computer and didn't experience that, it opens up quickly without any hint of a flash light waving back and forth.

Its only my 5th pc I've built ever so I'm still fairly new at this, so I ran a test on my gf's computer and oddly enough the same thing happened... Luckily I have access to the 3 previous computers I built prior to hers so I checked those and they didn't have a problem including mine... So at this point I am sort of frustrated because I've tried some of the suggestions I've found on google to no avail.

Things I have tried:

1. Unticked automatically search for network folders and printers.
2. Uninstalled the hp psc 1350 drivers in fact disconnected it as well, because some people are claiming that it slows down the load time of the my computer folder. My gf doesn't have a hp printer she has a lexmark so this doesn't apply.

The specs on the new computer:

1. VGA XFX|GF6800XT 256M PVT42EUDE3 RT
2. CPU AMD|A64 3500+ 2.2G AM2 512K R
3. MEM 1G|G.SK 240 F2-6400PHU1-1GBNR R
4. MB ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe NF570SLI AM2
5. HD 80G|WD 7K 8M SATA2
6. PSU TT | W0070 430W RTL

Thanks for any help you can give.

microgiant

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Make sure all the motherboard drivers are installed. Im sure there are other things that can cause this but this is the first thing I would check.

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Download Sysinternal's autoruns and run it.Uncheck/untick any apps/services that you doesn't need. Install latest CnQ driver/app from AMD. Good luck