Any Ideas on Quake 4???

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
anyone heard anything about the next quake? personally, im hoping its more like q2 where you have specific goals.... exploration etc. rather than a "fragfest". i heard something about a doom 3... i wonder if that will be more like q2 than q3. anyone have any ideas? just kinda curious...

dhlucke

Polypheme
Doesn't really matter since they really have a lot of work to do if they are going to be better than unreal. Maybe it's my videocard, but Quake looks like crap vs unreal. It's still fun, but I only play Q3 once a year or so.

<font color=red>Did you ever wonder WHY aliens only abduct idiots?</font color=red>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
yeah, thats what i mean..... q3 is boooorrriiinnnggg. its the same thing over and over. q2 was cool because you could actually go places and use some stratagy. anyone know any other games that have those similar qualities?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Honestly tribes 1 and 2 and Unreal tournament are the games to play. I like Q3A when I play it, but I only play it if there are at least 6 of us which is once a year....

<font color=red>Did you ever wonder WHY aliens only abduct idiots?</font color=red>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i think they should come up with a more original naming scheme. right now, i can really see a quake 8, and that would just get OLD!!!

I don't have the time to procrastinate.

G

AFAIK there isn't going to be a Quake 4. ID currently have no plans to make another Quake.

Of course this could all change, after all the third Doom release was supposed to be Final Doom.

There was a man who claimed nothing is true, though he was later found to be lying.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
More weapons!
but make them believable weapons
the best thing i ever saw was the "GUNSLINGER" addon to quake2.
had wild west guns!
1 or 2 colt 44 (2 fire modes)
punpaction (2 modes slow and rapid)
double barreled shottie (1 chamber or both)
7 shot winchester (slow or fast)
molotov coctails
.45 sniper rifle
cannon

the best thing about the weapons were the variety, both of types and ways to shoot and each weapon had to be RELOADED wich took time! it added a whole new level of strategy to quake2.
THATS what the new version of quake should have. weapons of strategy

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Q3TA looks much better compared to Q3. The effects in Q3 seem better than UT. The next game from ID will be a Wolfenstien game based on the Q3 engine. And after that we have the next Doom Sequel.

That game will be a totally new engine with extremely high amount of polygons with highly detailed textures and lighting effects. It is rumoured that this game will slow down GeForce 3's and Radeon 2's to crawling speed at high res when all the features are turned on and theres lots of action going on.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

G

Haven't ya all heard about Trinity???????????? ID Software said that Q3 is something between Q2 and Trinity (they say it will be a game of the next generation...)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well its an addon to quake2, so yes, tizz singleplayer
as to where u can find it, its been quite some time now, but i think i found it at one of the common quake1/2/3 websites.
unfortunately a little buggy at times.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars