Attn: emmel

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)
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=NRWV
On 2005-05-15, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

<snip>

> -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Looks like you posted it in AGC after all. I'll have to go and decrypt
that later... But you are right - encrypted posts are kinda defying the
idea behin usenet.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

emmel wrote:
> On 2005-05-15, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:
>
>>-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
>

> <snip>
>
>>-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
>

> Looks like you posted it in AGC after all. I'll have to go and decrypt
> that later... But you are right - encrypted posts are kinda defying the
> idea behin usenet.

Seems my newsserver drops it though..
Still, the encrypted contents would have been OT in AGC but I didn't
want take our e-mail discussion into this group without first asking
you.. I come from APA-S where the newsgroup is often the only way to
reach some pseudonym! We had e.g. Stray Cat who had a sig stating that
his nym could not be replied to directly.. (but you could use his PGP
key to send encrypted messages to AAM with Attn: Stray Cat in the Subject)..

Thomas
--
"I don't know, it just seems to be so incredibly beautiful. It's magic."
- emmel, alt.games.creatures, may 2005

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-05-20, illusion
<428e04bb$0$771$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> On 2005-05-15, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>>>-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
>>

>> Looks like you posted it in AGC after all. I'll have to go and decrypt
>> that later... But you are right - encrypted posts are kinda defying the
>> idea behin usenet.
>
> Seems my newsserver drops it though..
> Still, the encrypted contents would have been OT in AGC but I didn't

Not really. No more than the others.

> want take our e-mail discussion into this group without first asking
> you.. I come from APA-S where the newsgroup is often the only way to

APA-S?

> reach some pseudonym! We had e.g. Stray Cat who had a sig stating that
> his nym could not be replied to directly.. (but you could use his PGP
> key to send encrypted messages to AAM with Attn: Stray Cat in the Subject)..
>
> Thomas

AAM?
Anyway, theres a good reason for the existence of mail addys. Oh, BTW
the PGP key of 'Stray Cat' should actually feature a valid e-mail
address.
--

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-05-20, illusion
> <428e04bb$0$771$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>

>>emmel wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>Looks like you posted it in AGC after all. I'll have to go and decrypt
>>>that later... But you are right - encrypted posts are kinda defying the
>>>idea behin usenet.
>>
>>Seems my newsserver drops it though..
>>Still, the encrypted contents would have been OT in AGC but I didn't
>

> Not really. No more than the others.
>

>>want take our e-mail discussion into this group without first asking
>>you.. I come from APA-S where the newsgroup is often the only way to
>

> APA-S?

alt.privacy.anon-server, it's mainly about anonymous remailers
<http://mixmaster.sourceforge.net>/<http://tor.freehaven.net>

>>reach some pseudonym! We had e.g. Stray Cat who had a sig stating that
>>his nym could not be replied to directly.. (but you could use his PGP
>>key to send encrypted messages to AAM with Attn: Stray Cat in the Subject)..
>>
>>Thomas
>

> AAM?
> Anyway, theres a good reason for the existence of mail addys. Oh, BTW
> the PGP key of 'Stray Cat' should actually feature a valid e-mail
> address.

alt.anonymous.messages, nym reply blocks may end there (pgp encrypted to
your nyms pgp key).

Stray Cat had a nym at nym.alias.net but he had to disable it because of
abuse to it.

Regs,
Thomas (sorry about the page numbers)
- --
"I don't know, it just seems to be so incredibly beautiful. It's magic."
- - emmel, alt.games.creatures, may 2005

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-05-21, illusion
<428f45ed$0$778$3a628fcd@reader20.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-05-20, illusion
>> <428e04bb$0$771$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>Seems my newsserver drops it though..
>>>Still, the encrypted contents would have been OT in AGC but I didn't
>>

>> Not really. No more than the others.
>>

>>>want take our e-mail discussion into this group without first asking
>>>you.. I come from APA-S where the newsgroup is often the only way to
>>

>> APA-S?
>
> alt.privacy.anon-server, it's mainly about anonymous remailers
><http://mixmaster.sourceforge.net>/<http://tor.freehaven.net>

Private remailers are *bad*.

>>>reach some pseudonym! We had e.g. Stray Cat who had a sig stating that
>>>his nym could not be replied to directly.. (but you could use his PGP
>>>key to send encrypted messages to AAM with Attn: Stray Cat in the Subject)..
>>>
>>>Thomas
>>

>> AAM?
>> Anyway, theres a good reason for the existence of mail addys. Oh, BTW
>> the PGP key of 'Stray Cat' should actually feature a valid e-mail
>> address.
>
> alt.anonymous.messages, nym reply blocks may end there (pgp encrypted to
> your nyms pgp key).
>
> Stray Cat had a nym at nym.alias.net but he had to disable it because of
> abuse to it.

I don't believe in anonymous messages. Privacy - now that's a completely
different thing.

> Regs,
> Thomas (sorry about the page numbers)

Never mind. I just though I should let you know.

On 2005-05-22, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
><snip>
>> I don't believe in anonymous messages. Privacy - now that's a completely
>> different thing.
>
> How would you feel if DeCSS was posted through the remailer network?

What's DeCSS?

On 2005-05-27, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
>> On 2005-05-22, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>emmel wrote:
>>><snip>

>>>How would you feel if DeCSS was posted through the remailer network?
>>

>> What's DeCSS?
>
> What's DeCSS? Who is Jon Johansen? You're on *nix right? DeCSS allows
> you to see DVD movies on your laptop in *nix. That is what DeCSS is
><http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=733>

You know, I use *libdvdcss* and that for years.
And I still don't get your point.

> Where have you been all these years? You must have been reading too much
> AGC or something!

Who knows?
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-06-03, illusion
<42a0cb47$0$151$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:

>>>What's DeCSS? Who is Jon Johansen? You're on *nix right? DeCSS allows
>>>you to see DVD movies on your laptop in *nix. That is what DeCSS is
>>><http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=733>
>>

>> You know, I use *libdvdcss* and that for years.
>> And I still don't get your point.
>
> It is illegal in the US and Europe to reverse engineer copy protections.
> That is why www.elby.de stopped supplying CloneCD from Germany..

Thye did? Are you sure?

> Since there are no (official) DVD players for *nix, they could also be
> deemed illegal. So posting DeCSS (which probably resulted in libdvdcss)
> might get the author in legal difficulties.
>
> Anonymity allows you to 'share' programs like DeCSS in a safe way for
> the authors. It would have saved Jon Johansen three years of trail..

That's not the point. I mean, it's something *worth* fighting for. And
anyway, building software anonymously is pretty much pointless. I don't
know if you realize that, but in Open Source feedback is just about
everything. The only software distributed anonymously is the kind of
stuff script kiddies use. Keep that in mind.

>>>Where have you been all these years? You must have been reading too much
>>>AGC or something!
>>

>> Who knows?
>
> Seems like a likely eventuality..

Reading too much AGC is technically not possible.
--

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-06-03, illusion
> <42a0cb47$0$151$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>emmel wrote:

>>>You know, I use *libdvdcss* and that for years.
>>>And I still don't get your point.
>>
>>It is illegal in the US and Europe to reverse engineer copy protections.
>>That is why www.elby.de stopped supplying CloneCD from Germany..
>

> Thye did? Are you sure?

Check out <http://elby.de/products/clone_cd/index.html>:
"New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep

Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD

We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the
long loyalty to CloneCD!
We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and
remain with the most cordial greetings

Your elby team"

It is now <http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html>: (whois)

domain:slysoft.com
owner-address:Giancarlo Bettini
owner-address:SlySoft Inc.
owner-address:Dickenson Bay Street, 3rd Floor, John Henry Bldg.
owner-address:noZIP
owner-address:St. John's
owner-address:Antigua and Barbuda
owner-phone:+1.2684814000
owner-fax:+1.2684814100
owner-e-mail:nospam05113dc606f17b06e49409adbec416b5-596682@owner.gandi.net
admin-c:GB623-GANDI
tech-c:MH778-GANDI
bill-c:GB623-GANDI
nserver:dns.mti.ag 208.0.227.114
nserver:ns6.gandi.net 217.70.177.40
reg_created:2003-05-12 11:20:36
expires:2007-05-12 11:20:36
created:2003-05-12 17:20:37
changed:2004-05-08 03:35:45

"Antigua (pronounced An-tee'ga) and Barbuda are located in the middle of
the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean, roughly 17 degrees north
of the equator. To the south are the islands of Montserrat and
Guadaloupe, and to the north and west are Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barts,
and St. Martin."

>>Since there are no (official) DVD players for *nix, they could also be
>>deemed illegal. So posting DeCSS (which probably resulted in libdvdcss)
>>might get the author in legal difficulties.
>>
>>Anonymity allows you to 'share' programs like DeCSS in a safe way for
>>the authors. It would have saved Jon Johansen three years of trail..
>

> That's not the point. I mean, it's something *worth* fighting for. And
> anyway, building software anonymously is pretty much pointless. I don't
> know if you realize that, but in Open Source feedback is just about
> everything. The only software distributed anonymously is the kind of
> stuff script kiddies use. Keep that in mind.

It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>

>>>Who knows?
>>
>>Seems like a likely eventuality..
>

> Reading too much AGC is technically not possible.

You should visit the toilet from time to time. And maybe eat a bit more
that virtual cheese now that I am at it.. You look a bit pale..
Thomas
- --
"You can't be safer, can't be more secure than with a breast in each
palm, that's the way I was born and that's the way I want to die" -
Sugarcubes, Mama, 1988

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

> [...]
> >>the authors. It would have saved Jon Johansen three years of trail..
> >

> > That's not the point. I mean, it's something *worth* fighting for. And
> > anyway, building software anonymously is pretty much pointless. I don't
> > know if you realize that, but in Open Source feedback is just about
> > everything. The only software distributed anonymously is the kind of
> > stuff script kiddies use. Keep that in mind.
>
> It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
> EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
> few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>

> >>Seems like a likely eventuality..
> >

> > Reading too much AGC is technically not possible.
>
> You should visit the toilet from time to time. And maybe eat a bit more
> that virtual cheese now that I am at it.. You look a bit pale..

Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring;
i.e. not constantly filled with fear of 'the carpet' and discussions of
magic and bending the laws of nature (physics, magic,....hm more physics,
some JNCOBOY content about... physics..... *begins to sense a pattern*)

*looks down searching for the cheese....*
That's funny...

*there is no cheese* heh

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
<42a1e035$0$769$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-06-03, illusion
>> <42a0cb47$0$151$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>It is illegal in the US and Europe to reverse engineer copy protections.
>>>That is why www.elby.de stopped supplying CloneCD from Germany..
>>

>> Thye did? Are you sure?
>
> Check out <http://elby.de/products/clone_cd/index.html>:
> "New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep
>
> Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD
>
> We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the
> long loyalty to CloneCD!
> We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and
> remain with the most cordial greetings
>
> Your elby team"
>

> It is now <http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html>: (whois)
>
> domain:slysoft.com
> owner-address:Giancarlo Bettini
> owner-address:SlySoft Inc.
> owner-address:Dickenson Bay Street, 3rd Floor, John Henry Bldg.
> owner-address:noZIP
> owner-address:St. John's
> owner-address:Antigua and Barbuda
> owner-phone:+1.2684814000
> owner-fax:+1.2684814100
> owner-e-mail:nospam05113dc606f17b06e49409adbec416b5-596682@owner.gandi.net
> admin-c:GB623-GANDI
> tech-c:MH778-GANDI
> bill-c:GB623-GANDI
> nserver:dns.mti.ag 208.0.227.114
> nserver:ns6.gandi.net 217.70.177.40
> reg_created:2003-05-12 11:20:36
> expires:2007-05-12 11:20:36
> created:2003-05-12 17:20:37
> changed:2004-05-08 03:35:45
>
> "Antigua (pronounced An-tee'ga) and Barbuda are located in the middle of
> the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean, roughly 17 degrees north
> of the equator. To the south are the islands of Montserrat and
> Guadaloupe, and to the north and west are Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barts,
> and St. Martin."

::nods::
I know these, well, by name that is. I'd just have said "somewhere in
the Carribean".

>>>Since there are no (official) DVD players for *nix, they could also be
>>>deemed illegal. So posting DeCSS (which probably resulted in libdvdcss)
>>>might get the author in legal difficulties.
>>>
>>>Anonymity allows you to 'share' programs like DeCSS in a safe way for
>>>the authors. It would have saved Jon Johansen three years of trail..
>>

>> That's not the point. I mean, it's something *worth* fighting for. And
>> anyway, building software anonymously is pretty much pointless. I don't
>> know if you realize that, but in Open Source feedback is just about
>> everything. The only software distributed anonymously is the kind of
>> stuff script kiddies use. Keep that in mind.
>
> It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
> EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
> few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>

Not really. And I think copyright policies are still subject to the
countries jurisdiction. EU guidelines are no laws.

>>>Seems like a likely eventuality..
>>

>> Reading too much AGC is technically not possible.
>
> You should visit the toilet from time to time.

A good advice, although it's a long time since I had to be reminded of
*that*, you know.

> And maybe eat a bit more
> that virtual cheese now that I am at it.. You look a bit pale..

Actually, I'm slightly tanned. Not as much as if I'd been sunbathing,
but it's a far from pale...
--

<RYGdnZ0TB7_LZjzfRVn-tA@rogers.com> was created,
stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> much

>> > Reading too much AGC is technically not possible.
>>
>> You should visit the toilet from time to time. And maybe eat a bit more
>> that virtual cheese now that I am at it.. You look a bit pale..
>
> Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
> boring;
> i.e. not constantly filled with fear of 'the carpet' and discussions of
> magic and bending the laws of nature (physics, magic,....hm more physics,
> some JNCOBOY content about... physics..... *begins to sense a pattern*)

Huh? What pattern?

> *looks down searching for the cheese....*
> That's funny...
>
> *there is no cheese* heh

I've eaten *all* of it?
--

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
> <42a1e035$0$769$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>

>>emmel wrote:
>>
>>>And when it was 2005-06-03, illusion
>>><42a0cb47$0$151$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
>>>stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
>>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:
<snip>

>>>That's not the point. I mean, it's something *worth* fighting for. And
>>>anyway, building software anonymously is pretty much pointless. I don't
>>>know if you realize that, but in Open Source feedback is just about
>>>everything. The only software distributed anonymously is the kind of
>>>stuff script kiddies use. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
>>EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
>>few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>
>

> Not really. And I think copyright policies are still subject to the
> countries jurisdiction. EU guidelines are no laws.

He was a researcher at Elcomsoft <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
that broke the protection in the DRM format of Adobe Acrobat Reader. He
went to the US for a speech the security of this on Defcon and got
arrested by the FBI because of this. I think he got off free, but I have
the feeling that things will only get worse in the near future :-(

I used to be a software cracker in the MS-Dos days you know, I
sympathize with people who 'improve' software by removing annoying
protections (mainly manual protections and floppy protections in those
days).

Thomas
- --

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
> <RYGdnZ0TB7_LZjzfRVn-tA@rogers.com> was created,
> stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>much

>>>You should visit the toilet from time to time. And maybe eat a bit more
>>>that virtual cheese now that I am at it.. You look a bit pale..
>>
>>Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
>>boring;
>>i.e. not constantly filled with fear of 'the carpet' and discussions of
>>magic and bending the laws of nature (physics, magic,....hm more physics,
>>some JNCOBOY content about... physics..... *begins to sense a pattern*)
>

> Huh? What pattern?
>

>>*looks down searching for the cheese....*
>>That's funny...
>>
>>*there is no cheese* heh
>

> I've eaten *all* of it?

No, the cheese is real because your mind makes it real. I think that is
what Jim is trying to say here.

"There is no spoon", remember?
Thomas
- --

> emmel wrote:
> > And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
> > <RYGdnZ0TB7_LZjzfRVn-tA@rogers.com> was created,
> > stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
> > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> >>much

> >>Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
> >>boring;
> >>i.e. not constantly filled with fear of 'the carpet' and discussions of
> >>magic and bending the laws of nature (physics, magic,....hm more
physics,
> >>some JNCOBOY content about... physics..... *begins to sense a pattern*)
> >

> > Huh? What pattern?
> >

> >>*looks down searching for the cheese....*
> >>That's funny...
> >>
> >>*there is no cheese* heh
> >

> > I've eaten *all* of it?
>
> No, the cheese is real because your mind makes it real. I think that is
> what Jim is trying to say here.
>
> "There is no spoon", remember?

Heh Matrix rip off, yes that's exactly it.

> emmel wrote:
> > And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
> > <42a1e035$0$769$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
> > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
> > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> <snip>

> >>It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
> >>EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
> >>few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>
> >

> > Not really. And I think copyright policies are still subject to the
> > countries jurisdiction. EU guidelines are no laws.
>
> He was a researcher at Elcomsoft <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
> that broke the protection in the DRM format of Adobe Acrobat Reader. He
> went to the US for a speech the security of this on Defcon and got
> arrested by the FBI because of this. I think he got off free, but I have
> the feeling that things will only get worse in the near future :-(
>
> I used to be a software cracker in the MS-Dos days you know, I
> sympathize with people who 'improve' software by removing annoying
> protections (mainly manual protections and floppy protections in those
> days).

heh the protections of a floppy disk <flashback> always easily fixed with a
well-placed piece of masking tape :D

On 2005-06-05, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
>> <42a1e035$0$769$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

><snip>

>>>It is illegal now due to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and it's
>>>EU counterpart. Remember that Adobe guy that got arrested in America a
>>>few years ago?! <http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0108.html#6>
>>

>> Not really. And I think copyright policies are still subject to the
>> countries jurisdiction. EU guidelines are no laws.
>
> He was a researcher at Elcomsoft <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
> that broke the protection in the DRM format of Adobe Acrobat Reader. He
> went to the US for a speech the security of this on Defcon and got
> arrested by the FBI because of this. I think he got off free, but I have
> the feeling that things will only get worse in the near future :-(

::nods::
Especially in the US they are... a bit extreme...

> I used to be a software cracker in the MS-Dos days you know, I
> sympathize with people who 'improve' software by removing annoying
> protections (mainly manual protections and floppy protections in those
> days).

::nods::

On 2005-06-05, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> emmel wrote:
>> > And when it was 2005-06-04, illusion
>> > <42a1e035$0$769$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
>> > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
>> > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>> <snip>
> libdvdcss)

>> > Not really. And I think copyright policies are still subject to the
>> > countries jurisdiction. EU guidelines are no laws.
>>
>> He was a researcher at Elcomsoft <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
>> that broke the protection in the DRM format of Adobe Acrobat Reader. He
>> went to the US for a speech the security of this on Defcon and got
>> arrested by the FBI because of this. I think he got off free, but I have
>> the feeling that things will only get worse in the near future :-(
>>
>> I used to be a software cracker in the MS-Dos days you know, I
>> sympathize with people who 'improve' software by removing annoying
>> protections (mainly manual protections and floppy protections in those
>> days).
>>

> heh the protections of a floppy disk <flashback> always easily fixed with a
> well-placed piece of masking tape :D

That's only works for writing protection, I think...
--

"emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-06-05, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

> >> <snip>
> > libdvdcss)

And

> >> He was a researcher at Elcomsoft <http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html>
> >> that broke the protection in the DRM format of Adobe Acrobat Reader. He
> >> went to the US for a speech the security of this on Defcon and got
> >> arrested by the FBI because of this. I think he got off free, but I
have
> >> the feeling that things will only get worse in the near future :-(
> >>
> >> I used to be a software cracker in the MS-Dos days you know, I
> >> sympathize with people who 'improve' software by removing annoying
> >> protections (mainly manual protections and floppy protections in those
> >> days).
> >>

> > heh the protections of a floppy disk <flashback> always easily fixed
with a
> > well-placed piece of masking tape :D
>
> That's only works for writing protection, I think...

Yes,does.
Though any other form of floppy protection is a sin I think..... <checks>

--------------
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?"
Ah the good old Days of C1!

On 2005-06-05, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

> Jim Eha wrote:
><snip>
>
>> Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
>> boring;
>
> Good point..
>
>> i.e. not constantly filled with fear of 'the carpet' and discussions of
>> magic and bending the laws of nature (physics, magic,....hm more physics,
>> some JNCOBOY content about... physics..... *begins to sense a pattern*)
>>
>> *looks down searching for the cheese....*
>> That's funny...
>>
>> *there is no cheese* heh
>
> I do not fear the carpet. The carpet is my friend now.. We've both
> showed our teeth and know what to expect of each other :)

<g> If want to call it like that...