Recommend file purge command line utility for Windows 2000..

I'm searching for a reliable command line driven file purge utility
(freeware, shareware or commerical) that deletes files based on the
file creating or update date/time stamp. For example deleted all files
that are older than 10 days.

The utility has to work on both Windows 2000 and 2003 server
plateforms. Any recommendations are welcome.
1 answer Last reply
More about recommend file purge command line utility windows 2000

    On 4 Nov 2004 09:12:10 -0800, jazz4you@telus.net (Klaus) wrote:

    >I'm searching for a reliable command line driven file purge utility
    >(freeware, shareware or commerical) that deletes files based on the
    >file creating or update date/time stamp. For example deleted all files
    >that are older than 10 days.
    >
    >The utility has to work on both Windows 2000 and 2003 server
    >plateforms. Any recommendations are welcome.

    Download DELOLD from tip 274 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Run:
    delold "FolderPath" 10

    I don't think it enumerates sub folders, so you could:

    delold "FolderPath" 10
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir "FolderPath" /b /s /AD') do (
    delold "%%a" 10
    )

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP