Recommend file purge command line utility for Windows 2000..

Tags:
  • Windows 2000
  • Command Line
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 4, 2004 12:12:10 PM

I'm searching for a reliable command line driven file purge utility
(freeware, shareware or commerical) that deletes files based on the
file creating or update date/time stamp. For example deleted all files
that are older than 10 days.

The utility has to work on both Windows 2000 and 2003 server
plateforms. Any recommendations are welcome.

More about : recommend file purge command line utility windows 2000

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 7:30:04 PM

On 4 Nov 2004 09:12:10 -0800, jazz4you@telus.net (Klaus) wrote:

>I'm searching for a reliable command line driven file purge utility
>(freeware, shareware or commerical) that deletes files based on the
>file creating or update date/time stamp. For example deleted all files
>that are older than 10 days.
>
>The utility has to work on both Windows 2000 and 2003 server
>plateforms. Any recommendations are welcome.

Download DELOLD from tip 274 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Run:
delold "FolderPath" 10

I don't think it enumerates sub folders, so you could:

delold "FolderPath" 10
for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir "FolderPath" /b /s /AD') do (
delold "%%a" 10
)

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP