how to eliminate second system

My problem is rather typical and I hope You give me quick and sufficient
advice
how to solve it .
I have been working with Windows 2000 , but due to TCP/IP malefunction
I had to reinstall system in completely new folder because repaired
old version did'nt work properly .
Then I delete old system folder .
Now I have only one and good working Windows 2000 system .
Unfortunately one problem arised .
When starting computer I have two Windows 2000 systems to choose , but
logically only one exist .
How completely delete previous system version / no folder with older system
on my computer exists / ?
How eliminate meesage that two version Windows 2000 exist on my computer ?
That my problem .
Thank You for help .

my email : krzysztof615@wp.pl

Thank You
Christopher Zak

Hi, Zak.

It should be an easy two-step process. One gets rid of the menu item (and
therefore the menu, since no menu will be presented if there's only one
possible choice). The other step reclaims the disk space used by the
now-useless installation. It doesn't really matter which step you do first.
Each step is easier to do than to explain, so I'll give you just the bare
steps here; post back if you want details.

1. Edit C:\boot.ini to delete the line pointing to the unwanted
installation. Boot.ini is a simple text file which you can edit in Notepad
or any text editor (after removing any Hidden, System and Read-only
attributes).

2. Delete the X:\WinNT folder, where X: is the volume holding the copy you
don't want.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

" zak krzysztof" <krzysztof615@wp.pl> wrote in message
> My problem is rather typical and I hope You give me quick and sufficient
> advice
> how to solve it .
> I have been working with Windows 2000 , but due to TCP/IP malefunction
> I had to reinstall system in completely new folder because repaired
> old version did'nt work properly .
> Then I delete old system folder .
> Now I have only one and good working Windows 2000 system .
> Unfortunately one problem arised .
> When starting computer I have two Windows 2000 systems to choose , but
> logically only one exist .
> How completely delete previous system version / no folder with older
> system
> on my computer exists / ?
> How eliminate meesage that two version Windows 2000 exist on my computer ?
> That my problem .
> Thank You for help .
>
> my email : krzysztof615@wp.pl
>
> Thank You