archive files older than x number of days, out of 100's of..

I need a tool that can let me archive files contained within 100's of
folders, I have tried some tools and the best that I can find at the moment
is delenda. The problem with this is although it is functional I will have to
setup a rule for each folder and I have 100's of folders to archive, and
although these are in the same directory there are some folders which are not
to be archived due the users wanting to keep the data longer. What I need is
something that gives an explorer type window where I can mark which folders I
want the rules to apply to and which ones I dont, like a check box to apply
the rule or uncheck to skip this folder.

Any Help would be excellant.

Thanks in Advance

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 04:54:08 -0800, "Paul Gooda" <Paul Gooda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need a tool that can let me archive files contained within 100's of
>folders, I have tried some tools and the best that I can find at the moment
>is delenda. The problem with this is although it is functional I will have to
>setup a rule for each folder and I have 100's of folders to archive, and
>although these are in the same directory there are some folders which are not
>to be archived due the users wanting to keep the data longer. What I need is
>something that gives an explorer type window where I can mark which folders I
>want the rules to apply to and which ones I dont, like a check box to apply
>the rule or uncheck to skip this folder.
>
>Any Help would be excellant.
>
>Thanks in Advance

See the script at tip 8253 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
You can create a batch file that runs it for each of your folders.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com