Long term investment - Intel 3.0

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Hey guys I got a question about me upgrading in the future. Im not planning to upgrade for about another year or so but I got a question about what I should probably upgrade to. Right now Im running Socket L775 (Asus P5GDC Deluxe) and an Intel 3.0.

In your opinoin in a year or less when I go to upgrade should I stay with the L775 Socket series or you think all the Cpu's in that line will be a dead end and I should go core duo / dual core. Thanks

In your opinoin in a year or less when I go to upgrade should I stay with the L775 Socket series or you think all the Cpu's in that line will be a dead end and I should go core duo / dual core. Thanks

Core 2 Duo CPUs are LGA775. You will need a new motherboard for such an upgrade though because your chipset will be out of date.

jthorn

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I am still going to try and get 1 or 2 more years out of my 2 year old Intel 3.0E HT socket 478 and ASUS P4C800E. I found ATI X800XL AGP for $120 was a nice upgrade. You can get other nice GC's for < $100 now. Running 4 X 256 mb DDR 3200 memory and wish i could upgrade that to 2GB, but $200 for another 1mb seems to be a rip-off. I have never had the balls to OC but someday when i can afford to crash it I will have to take the plunge.

redraider_gamer

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
THE GREAT KARNACK LOOKS INTO HIS CRYSTAL BALL AND SAYS:

"WTF? You think I can tell what's going to be out in a year?"

Who knows if ther L775 or even the Core2 will be State of the Art in a year. I'm sure the AMD and Intel fanboys will have an opinion, but ask this question again when your 30 days from upgrading...

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
THE GREAT KARNACK LOOKS INTO HIS CRYSTAL BALL AND SAYS:

"WTF? You think I can tell what's going to be out in a year?"

Who knows if ther L775 or even the Core2 will be State of the Art in a year. I'm sure the AMD and Intel fanboys will have an opinion, but ask this question again when your 30 days from upgrading...
The great Karnak has a sh*tty disposition. :roll: