Best file system for DVD-RAM backup media.

I am using a DVD-RAM drive for archiving data. I was wondering what the
advantages & disadvantages of the various file systems were, in the context
of DVD-RAM?

UDF
FAT32
NTFS

And what format is most commonly used for DVD-RAM media? I'm currently
formatting it as NTFS.
Thanks for the tips.

sydemon

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:49:03 -0800, "sydemon" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am using a DVD-RAM drive for archiving data. I was wondering what the
>advantages & disadvantages of the various file systems were, in the context
>of DVD-RAM?
>
>UDF
>FAT32
>NTFS
>
>And what format is most commonly used for DVD-RAM media? I'm currently
>formatting it as NTFS.
>Thanks for the tips.
>
>sydemon

Using NTFS, you can preserve ACLs (Permissions) and you don't have the 4GB size limit that
FAT32 imposses. You can also compress to save space.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com