Does "To D'ni" upgrade kill Uru Live?

Just curious if the "To D'ni" Uru expansion pack wipes out Uru Live (it
and web links to it seem to have disappeared)?

I have not tried Uru Live (or even gotten a login yet), but I noticed that
it disappeared when I installed the D'ni expansion pack. But it does give
me new ages to explore, so I will see if I need to uninstall/reinstall Uru
after I have checked out the 173 MB (expanded to 2 GB?) of the expansion.
Good thing I have 1500 DSL, it probably would have taken overnight
(over 8 hrs instead of 18 minutes) to download that by dialup.

URU Live was cancelled due to lack of interest. keep the installation of
the "to D'ni" expansion pack as it also acts as a patch and fixes several
bugs that Uru shipped with. But as far as Uru Live goes. it is no longer
around...Uru KICKS major ass though, i'm addicted to it. I'm also playing
Myst III: Exile at the same time. Uru: Path of the Shell comes out next
month that will continue the adventure, and Myst IV: Revelation comes out in
September so, get exploring because there is more to come.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:31:49 GMT, John Dameron <Noremad@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> URU Live was cancelled due to lack of interest. keep the installation of
> the "to D'ni" expansion pack as it also acts as a patch and fixes several
> bugs that Uru shipped with. But as far as Uru Live goes. it is no longer
> around...Uru KICKS major ass though, i'm addicted to it. I'm also playing
> Myst III: Exile at the same time. Uru: Path of the Shell comes out next
> month that will continue the adventure, and Myst IV: Revelation comes out in
> September so, get exploring because there is more to come.

Is there more to "To D'ni" than the main city, ferry terminal, and linking
stone to a broken dock (and linking stone to extra balcony overlook in
main game)? The rack that the main city links to seems to have many
linking books, but the only one that comes up is the ferry terminal.

Guess it is time to dig out my old Exile. Last time I did that I was
using a P100 box with Evergreen Spectra400 cpu upgrade (K6-2/400 on 66 MHz
bus with slow S3 Trio64 video), barely fast enough with water effects
disabled. I recently bought a 64-bit AMD 3200+ (triple boot XP
Home/64-bit XP Pro/64-bit Linux).

Yes, there are a lot of what *seem* to be dead ends to the D'ni city - but I
withhold my final judgment until I finally finish the game...

~RL